Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Baseball on Jeopardy quiz

  1. #21
    Big Leaguer TranaGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    downtown
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    What was the right answer? I was trying to mentally figure it out.
    in case some are reading this without having done it ...

    Spoiler!
    The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs, is to be ruled by evil men. - Plato
    How was I supposed to know that there'd be consequences for my actions? - Gina Linetti

  2. #22
    Big Leaguer Kevin Seitzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,857
    I got 33. And I didn't realize until the end that there were years beside the questions.
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

  3. #23
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    5,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I got 33. And I didn't realize until the end that there were years beside the questions.
    Oh man, I'd have gotten at least a few more wrong if I didn't realize that. Esp for the later ones, I was stumped on one for awhile until i remembered there were teams back then that don't exist now.

  4. #24
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    What was the right answer? I was trying to mentally figure it out.
    Marlins and Mariners. Took me a while to think of it, too.

  5. #25
    Big Leaguer overkill94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Posts
    2,812
    40/41

    That dang Walter Johnson one got me. I kept thinking of old timey things he could've thrown across a river - cannonball, musket ball, flag pole - never would have guessed the correct answer.

    Almost lost the kids toy one on spelling, realized right at the end that I might have the wrong spelling.

    I thought it was one of the quizzes where you only got one guess so I took way too long at the beginning. Luckily it didn't come back to bite me, I still had over a minute before I gave up on the Johnson question.

  6. #26
    Triple-A ironfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by overkill94 View Post
    40/41

    That dang Walter Johnson one got me. I kept thinking of old timey things he could've thrown across a river - cannonball, musket ball, flag pole - never would have guessed the correct answer.

    Almost lost the kids toy one on spelling, realized right at the end that I might have the wrong spelling.

    I thought it was one of the quizzes where you only got one guess so I took way too long at the beginning. Luckily it didn't come back to bite me, I still had over a minute before I gave up on the Johnson question.
    Had the same issue with the kids toy one. Kept inserting an unnecessary "h" in there.

  7. #27
    Big Leaguer Kevin Seitzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,857
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    Had the same issue with the kids toy one. Kept inserting an unnecessary "h" in there.
    me too
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

  8. #28
    That and the two teens. I shorted one their names a silent letter then kept trying to fix the other one. I flat didn't know the R&R HoF question. I did get the expansion team question but not the four letter one.

    My favorite was the tombstone question. I didn't know that.

    J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

    Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

    GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

    Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

    I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •