Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Baseball on Jeopardy quiz

  1. #11
    The frantic typing would be for multiple guesses

    What's the deal with the Walter Johnson reenactment? I never heard of that.

    J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

    Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

    GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

    Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

    I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    You guys are scary. I only got 31 and that was with frantic typing and multiple guesses for some, and the fact that the context of the quiz made some of the answers obvious. Those who missed some for spelling, do you mean you spelled it a bunch of times and still didn't get it? I'd have missed several if I had to spell it right on the first shot. Just curious is some people's browsers were acting differently.
    I think it's just a matter of if you aren't sure of the spelling, you'll make multiple guesses. if you think you know it, you'll figure the answer is wrong - not the spelling.
    just kicked off my 36th year in same 12-team NL 5x5
    have stumbled out of the gate
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

    SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Roark 8, PLopez 1
    RP Jeffress 1, AMiller 14, Dominguez 10, Neshek
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B Descalso, 13 Belt 10, 2B EGonzalez 2, SS BCrawford 9, 2S ABarnes 8
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, KMarte 10, Dyson 8, NWilliams 2, UT Daza
    DL: SP Cueto 1, 3B TFrazier 2, OF Dickerson 17

  3. #13
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    There was like 15minutes on the quiz timer for me, I don't get the running out of time or frantic typing. Did I play it wrong somehow?
    No, you're just smarter than the rest of us. Actually, since the avg score is 20, we're all pretty good.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    I think it's just a matter of if you aren't sure of the spelling, you'll make multiple guesses. if you think you know it, you'll figure the answer is wrong - not the spelling.
    And then find out you were right, just inputting it wrong.

    J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

    Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

    GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

    Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

    I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

  5. #15
    Triple-A ironfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd View Post
    No, you're just smarter than the rest of us. Actually, since the avg score is 20, we're all pretty good.
    I just type really fast and play a lot of trivia lol. I was just surprised because I hit "give up" with like 6 minutes to go.

  6. #16
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    I just type really fast and play a lot of trivia lol. I was just surprised because I hit "give up" with like 6 minutes to go.
    15 mins to answer 41 questions is only 22 secs per question. Real Final Jeopardy is 30 seconds, so they should have given us 20 mins 30 secs for the whole thing.

  7. #17
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,750
    Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    What's the deal with the Walter Johnson reenactment? I never heard of that.
    I hadn't heard of it either, but http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep...ngton-20120921
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

  8. #18
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    5,222
    Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    And then find out you were right, just inputting it wrong.

    J
    Yeah, I ate up way too much time trying to get the right spelling for a player's name I really should have known how to spell. Darn Irish names.

  9. #19
    Big Leaguer TranaGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    downtown
    Posts
    4,255
    That was fun. I made the mistake of doing this at work (didn't realize how long it was) ... was interrupted twice, only got 22 before time ran out, but I don't think I would have got more than another 3 or 4. I think I went through 29 teams before figuring out which had the same 4 letters.

  10. #20
    Big Leaguer griswold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    That was fun. I made the mistake of doing this at work (didn't realize how long it was) ... was interrupted twice, only got 22 before time ran out, but I don't think I would have got more than another 3 or 4. I think I went through 29 teams before figuring out which had the same 4 letters.
    What was the right answer? I was trying to mentally figure it out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •