Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball on Jeopardy quiz

The frantic typing would be for multiple guesses

What's the deal with the Walter Johnson reenactment? I never heard of that.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    You guys are scary. I only got 31 and that was with frantic typing and multiple guesses for some, and the fact that the context of the quiz made some of the answers obvious. Those who missed some for spelling, do you mean you spelled it a bunch of times and still didn't get it? I'd have missed several if I had to spell it right on the first shot. Just curious is some people's browsers were acting differently.
    I think it's just a matter of if you aren't sure of the spelling, you'll make multiple guesses. if you think you know it, you'll figure the answer is wrong - not the spelling.
    just kicked off my 36th year in same 12-team NL 5x5
    have stumbled out of the gate
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Roark 8, PLopez 1
    RP Jeffress 1, AMiller 14, Dominguez 10, Neshek
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B Descalso, 13 Belt 10, 2B EGonzalez 2, SS BCrawford 9, 2S ABarnes 8
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, KMarte 10, Dyson 8, NWilliams 2, UT Daza
    DL: SP Cueto 1, 3B TFrazier 2, OF Dickerson 17

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    There was like 15minutes on the quiz timer for me, I don't get the running out of time or frantic typing. Did I play it wrong somehow?
    No, you're just smarter than the rest of us. Actually, since the avg score is 20, we're all pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    I think it's just a matter of if you aren't sure of the spelling, you'll make multiple guesses. if you think you know it, you'll figure the answer is wrong - not the spelling.
    And then find out you were right, just inputting it wrong.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by rhd View Post
    No, you're just smarter than the rest of us. Actually, since the avg score is 20, we're all pretty good.
    I just type really fast and play a lot of trivia lol. I was just surprised because I hit "give up" with like 6 minutes to go.

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    I just type really fast and play a lot of trivia lol. I was just surprised because I hit "give up" with like 6 minutes to go.
    15 mins to answer 41 questions is only 22 secs per question. Real Final Jeopardy is 30 seconds, so they should have given us 20 mins 30 secs for the whole thing.

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    What's the deal with the Walter Johnson reenactment? I never heard of that.
    I hadn't heard of it either, but http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep...ngton-20120921
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    And then find out you were right, just inputting it wrong.

J
    Yeah, I ate up way too much time trying to get the right spelling for a player's name I really should have known how to spell. Darn Irish names.

That was fun. I made the mistake of doing this at work (didn't realize how long it was) ... was interrupted twice, only got 22 before time ran out, but I don't think I would have got more than another 3 or 4. I think I went through 29 teams before figuring out which had the same 4 letters.

Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    That was fun. I made the mistake of doing this at work (didn't realize how long it was) ... was interrupted twice, only got 22 before time ran out, but I don't think I would have got more than another 3 or 4. I think I went through 29 teams before figuring out which had the same 4 letters.
    What was the right answer? I was trying to mentally figure it out.