Baseball on Jeopardy quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
    I just type really fast and play a lot of trivia lol. I was just surprised because I hit "give up" with like 6 minutes to go.
    15 mins to answer 41 questions is only 22 secs per question. Real Final Jeopardy is 30 seconds, so they should have given us 20 mins 30 secs for the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      What's the deal with the Walter Johnson reenactment? I never heard of that.
      I hadn't heard of it either, but http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep...ngton-20120921
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        And then find out you were right, just inputting it wrong.

J
        Yeah, I ate up way too much time trying to get the right spelling for a player's name I really should have known how to spell. Darn Irish names.

Comment

That was fun. I made the mistake of doing this at work (didn't realize how long it was) ... was interrupted twice, only got 22 before time ran out, but I don't think I would have got more than another 3 or 4. I think I went through 29 teams before figuring out which had the same 4 letters.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            That was fun. I made the mistake of doing this at work (didn't realize how long it was) ... was interrupted twice, only got 22 before time ran out, but I don't think I would have got more than another 3 or 4. I think I went through 29 teams before figuring out which had the same 4 letters.
            What was the right answer? I was trying to mentally figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
              in case some are reading this without having done it ...

Spoiler!
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I got 33. And I didn't realize until the end that there were years beside the questions.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  I got 33. And I didn't realize until the end that there were years beside the questions.
                  Oh man, I'd have gotten at least a few more wrong if I didn't realize that. Esp for the later ones, I was stumped on one for awhile until i remembered there were teams back then that don't exist now.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                    Marlins and Mariners. Took me a while to think of it, too.

Comment

40/41

That dang Walter Johnson one got me. I kept thinking of old timey things he could've thrown across a river - cannonball, musket ball, flag pole - never would have guessed the correct answer.

Almost lost the kids toy one on spelling, realized right at the end that I might have the wrong spelling.

I thought it was one of the quizzes where you only got one guess so I took way too long at the beginning. Luckily it didn't come back to bite me, I still had over a minute before I gave up on the Johnson question.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                        40/41

That dang Walter Johnson one got me. I kept thinking of old timey things he could've thrown across a river - cannonball, musket ball, flag pole - never would have guessed the correct answer.

Almost lost the kids toy one on spelling, realized right at the end that I might have the wrong spelling.

I thought it was one of the quizzes where you only got one guess so I took way too long at the beginning. Luckily it didn't come back to bite me, I still had over a minute before I gave up on the Johnson question.
                        Had the same issue with the kids toy one. Kept inserting an unnecessary "h" in there.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                          Had the same issue with the kids toy one. Kept inserting an unnecessary "h" in there.
                          me too
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

That and the two teens. I shorted one their names a silent letter then kept trying to fix the other one. I flat didn't know the R&R HoF question. I did get the expansion team question but not the four letter one.

My favorite was the tombstone question. I didn't know that.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                            X