Baseball on Jeopardy quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball on Jeopardy quiz

Can you get the answer to every baseball related Final Jeopardy! clue?

36/41
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I got 32 - and, careful kids - I missed 3 more on spelling errors

36 would be tough to beat, I think
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I got 27 but I didnt have time to answer the last 5.

Avg score is 20. 36 is unbelieveable!

Comment

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

26/41. I suck!

Comment

I managed to get 39, but it allowed multiple guesses. If not for that I would have probably had about 32.

Comment

39/41 missed 2009 and 2007

Comment

66% Boom goes the dynamite

I missed two because of spelling.
                J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

You guys are scary. I only got 31 and that was with frantic typing and multiple guesses for some, and the fact that the context of the quiz made some of the answers obvious. Those who missed some for spelling, do you mean you spelled it a bunch of times and still didn't get it? I'd have missed several if I had to spell it right on the first shot. Just curious is some people's browsers were acting differently.

Comment

There was like 15minutes on the quiz timer for me, I don't get the running out of time or frantic typing. Did I play it wrong somehow?

Comment

The frantic typing would be for multiple guesses

What's the deal with the Walter Johnson reenactment? I never heard of that.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        You guys are scary. I only got 31 and that was with frantic typing and multiple guesses for some, and the fact that the context of the quiz made some of the answers obvious. Those who missed some for spelling, do you mean you spelled it a bunch of times and still didn't get it? I'd have missed several if I had to spell it right on the first shot. Just curious is some people's browsers were acting differently.
                        I think it's just a matter of if you aren't sure of the spelling, you'll make multiple guesses. if you think you know it, you'll figure the answer is wrong - not the spelling.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                          There was like 15minutes on the quiz timer for me, I don't get the running out of time or frantic typing. Did I play it wrong somehow?
                          No, you're just smarter than the rest of us. Actually, since the avg score is 20, we're all pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            I think it's just a matter of if you aren't sure of the spelling, you'll make multiple guesses. if you think you know it, you'll figure the answer is wrong - not the spelling.
                            And then find out you were right, just inputting it wrong.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              No, you're just smarter than the rest of us. Actually, since the avg score is 20, we're all pretty good.
                              I just type really fast and play a lot of trivia lol. I was just surprised because I hit "give up" with like 6 minutes to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X