Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the Victor (Robles) Belong The Spoils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Victor (Robles) Belong The Spoils?

NL 5x5 12 team league...

I might be able to get Victor Robles $8 (will be Year one).

We only keep 7, and I have an excess. Are there any of these keepers that you would NOT deal to get Robles? Would you basically deal all if necessary?

Garrett Hampson $8 (option year is 2020)
    Eugenio Suarez $19 Option
    Yadier Molina $16
    Jordan Hicks $1
    Luis Castillo $10 Option
    Jose Martinez $2 Option

I also have Acuna $8, Albies $8 option, and DeGrom $35. Am thinking I keep those three and offer any combo from the other group. Am I crazy? Would you deal Albies or DeGrom if necessary? Thanks!

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    NL 5x5 12 team league...

I might be able to get Victor Robles $8 (will be Year one).

We only keep 7, and I have an excess. Are there any of these keepers that you would NOT deal to get Robles? Would you basically deal all if necessary?

Garrett Hampson $8 (option year is 2020)
    Eugenio Suarez $19 Option
    Yadier Molina $16
    Jordan Hicks $1
    Luis Castillo $10 Option
    Jose Martinez $2 Option

I also have Acuna $8, Albies $8 option, and DeGrom $35. Am thinking I keep those three and offer any combo from the other group. Am I crazy? Would you deal Albies or DeGrom if necessary? Thanks!
    I would not deal Albies or DeGrom. Don't do it. I'm not quite s high on Robles as some, but I would probably deal any combo of your other guys for Robles, except, I'd want to hang on to Castillo. Despite his early struggles last year, I'm still a believer. I'd hold on to him.

Comment

For what it may be worth, FantasyPros Dynasty rankings have Robles at #54, just ahead of Tatis.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I would not deal Albies or DeGrom. Don't do it. I'm not quite s high on Robles as some, but I would probably deal any combo of your other guys for Robles, except, I'd want to hang on to Castillo. Despite his early struggles last year, I'm still a believer. I'd hold on to him.
        Thanks Sour Masher! Does that mean you would deal any two? Or all of them?

Comment

Thanks Sour Masher! Does that mean you would deal any two? Or all of them?
          Hampson and Suarez would make a nice package. Hampson is in Coors and Suarez was very good in 2018. You don't have to mention that both have players with better skills behind them.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

He shot it down. Said he didn’t want me to have Robles to team with Acuna & Albies. Said one would need to be involved.

Would you deal Albies for Robles or Robles plus (given upside of Robles and Robles is year 1 vs Albies is option year)?
            Last edited by Sharky; 02-05-2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

He shot it down. Said he didn’t want me to have Robles to team with Acuna & Albies. Said one would need to be involved.

Would you deal Albies for Robles or Robles plus (given upside of Robles and Robles is year 1 vs Albies is option year)?
              Nah. Stick with Albies.

On a side note, when a trading partner tries to control who you have on your team it's best to bow out - they need to focus on the best interest of their own team, it shouldn't matter what the team they are trading with has unless it's the trade deadline and you are trying to trade with the guy who is your primary competition.

Comment

Nice try. I would have made the offer you did, but I don't see any particular upside for Robles over Albies. Albies is only five months older and has shown he can perform in the majors more than Robles. Both are great, but no need to take the riskier one. (Yes, I am a Braves homer, so factor that in.) And Acuna, well, obviously not; he's 7 months younger and had a second half that was in the top 5 of second-halves in MLB at the age of 20. Unless I am in the league. Then you trade him to me.

Comment

Yes, I would have given any two of the others. If the most bright eyed predictions of Robles are correct, a trade for Albies isn't a bad one, but Albies is a proven commodity. Yes, he sold out for power past year and it caught up with him, but he is a very good hitter, and I suspect him to adjust, resulting in an avg increase to offset a bit if a power dip. I'm not 100% sold Robles will end up being everything his fans hope he will. I'd stick with Albies and keep tossing combos of the others guys his way till he breaks or threatens you with harm to make you stop . That would be my response to him focusing on your team vs his own on this deal.

Comment

I'm with everyone else. Albies gives you an IF instead of a 3rd OF even if everything else was even.

All that said, SM has a point. A big part of Robles perceived value is his value as a player, meaning an exceptional defensive CF. That's nice, because it guarantees him playing time, but he may be a better real player than fantasy player. It depends on how much they let him run. He's more Lorenzo Cain than Andrew McCutchen.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I would not deal either Albies or Acuna for Robles. If he made a comment like this to me I would ask him what is he going add to Robles to get Albies?

Comment

I would do Albies for Robles plus. What's the plus? Better be a pretty nice plus. I am probably a little lower on Albies than some, even though I do like him.

Comment

Working...
                        X