Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Bill Belichick's place in sports history

  1. #31
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid TS Garp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Bob Feller's fastball was variously measured at 104 mph, 107.9 mph, and 98.6 mph. You tell me whether that gives you confidence in the measurement methods.
    None, but it's fun to see them try to measure it:


  2. #32
    All Star Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belle Vernon
    Posts
    8,941
    Quote Originally Posted by TS Garp View Post
    None, but it's fun to see them try to measure it:

    Gee whiz..that's just nifty!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

  3. #33
    um, IF the Twitterverse at this moment is correct, this is a ..... very bad day for Bob Kraft. will monitor

    guh, video of Kraft enjoying the Super Bowl happy ending is one thing.

    but for the love of God and all that is holy, don't make me watch the video that got him arrested today

    wow, this keeps getting worse. supposedly this is a Chinese sex slave ring
    Last edited by Judge Jude; 02-22-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    entering 37th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5 - in 2021, after a year off
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

    2020 No-Transactions/No-Bench Parallel Universe roster vs same owners (drafted in April)
    #warofattrition
    SP - Scherzer, Hendricks, CSmith, PLopez, Cueto, Samardjiza [Leake]
    RP - Neris, Knebel, Stanek
    INF - C Molina, C Wolters, 1B Rizzo, 3B ESuarez, CI Longoria, 2B Albies, SS DeJong, MI Kendrick, UT BCrawford
    OF - Polanco, Eaton, Dyson, Fowler, Naylor, UT Duvall

  4. #34
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Bob Feller's fastball was variously measured at 104 mph, 107.9 mph, and 98.6 mph. You tell me whether that gives you confidence in the measurement methods.
    That takes up a lot of space.

  5. #35
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30,066
    Quote Originally Posted by TS Garp View Post
    None, but it's fun to see them try to measure it:

    Love this. Thanks for posting it!

  6. #36
    All Star madducks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Posts
    5,555
    Could Bill Belichick's son Steve be the heir apparent in New England?

    The Boston Herald reports secondary coach Steve Belichick has been serving as the Patriotsí defensive play caller.

    The Patriots don't have a defensive coordinator, but multiple players confirmed Belichick has been calling plays. It's a huge career step for Belichick, who has been with the Patriots since 2012. New England has the top ranked defense under Belichick's playcalling and are allowing fewer than eight points per game. Belichick looks likely to parlay his success into a full-time coordinator role this offseason.

  7. #37
    Journeyman nullnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2,619
    Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Could Bill Belichick's son Steve be the heir apparent in New England?

    The Boston Herald reports secondary coach Steve Belichick has been serving as the Patriotsí defensive play caller.

    The Patriots don't have a defensive coordinator, but multiple players confirmed Belichick has been calling plays. It's a huge career step for Belichick, who has been with the Patriots since 2012. New England has the top ranked defense under Belichick's playcalling and are allowing fewer than eight points per game. Belichick looks likely to parlay his success into a full-time coordinator role this offseason.
    this is why I never believed the reports of strife between everyone in NE. Belichick is going to stay until his son is ready for something at least.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •