Keeper decisions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper decisions...

Now that the SB is over...that must mean that (thankfully) SB means stolen bases again! I was looking over my keepers in my mixed 5x5 and am faced with the question of where to save some $$ if Im going to keep a high-end player(s)...or should I?

Which 5 players would you cut from this list (you can only keep 10)? Option year guys can be extended at 5 per year or kept at that price for one more year. There are a few no-brainers in there that I bolded. Also note that there will be many cheap closers kept league-wide, which will drive up the price of closers at auction. I
    Offense:
    Bregman - $13 (under contract)
    Villar - $5 (option yr)
    Odor - $8
    K.Davis - $28
    JD.Martinez - $40
    Renfroe - $1 (option yr)
    Robles - $3 (option yr)

Pitching:
    Severino - $2 (option yr)
    T.Bauer - $1 (option yr)

Greinke - $15 (option yr)
    Happ - $5
    Knebel - $2 (option yr)
    Leclerc - $5 (option yr)
    Will Smith - $4
    Jeffress - $3

Thanks guys...happy to comment on your keeper situations also - just link to the thread.

How many teams?

I think a $5 Villar and an $8 Odor are no brainer keeps for starters.

Comment

oops - 12 teams, 30-man rosters. I agree about villar and odor, but wanted to keep an open mind

Comment

How many hitting studs will be kept. What did some of them go for last year?

Seems like in this format I would keep JD Martinez.

I would also give Severino and Bauer one year extensions. Still maximize profit while keep their trade value intact in the event you need to do so during the season.

Comment

Thanks. All the hitting studs available last year went in the 38-48 dollar range. Guys have broken into the 50s in the past, but not last year. Still need to do some projecting as to which ones will be out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Thanks. All the hitting studs available last year went in the 38-48 dollar range. Guys have broken into the 50s in the past, but not last year. Still need to do some projecting as to which ones will be out there.
            Given this I would add JD to my keeper list.

Comment

I would definitely keep JDM. In a 12 team league I am just not convinced there's a need to go crazy on closers, BUT, if they're at a fair price and you don't have any better keepers, they're still worth having.

I'd add Villar, JDM, Odor, and probably Robles and Leclerc. I realize those guys could end up being part-timers or worse but they have a ton of upside. I don't know if I could really extend Robles right now though.

If hitting studs were going in the 50s and 60s I would keep Krush but it doesn't seem like inflation is all that terrible.

Comment

Beyond the three bolded, I would would keep: Odor, Villar, Martinez, Robles, Renfroe, LeClerc (if not traded), and whoever wins the closer job in Milwaukee. If LeClerc is traded to be a MR, don't keep and keep both Mil guys.

Comment

I understand the uncertainty surrounding Greinke, but mildly surprised $5 Happ isnt getting any love. Maybe he is too close to actual retail price?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    I understand the uncertainty surrounding Greinke, but mildly surprised $5 Happ isnt getting any love. Maybe he is too close to actual retail price?
                    Over the years I have found no one likes Happ enough to trade for him or even use a roster spot for him. You can most likely get him back for close to the same price. Plus you have better keeper options.

I would keep Greinke over Robles.

I would not give Robles a raise. If I was a believer in him I might rebid him to get that new contract. Can I get him back for 3 years for $8 or less?

Comment

Offense:
                      Bregman - $13 (under contract)
                      Villar - $5 (option yr)
                      Odor - $8
                      K.Davis - $28
                      JD.Martinez - $40
                      Renfroe - $1 (option yr)
                      Robles - $3 (option yr)

Pitching:
                      Severino - $2 (option yr)
                      T.Bauer - $1 (option yr)
                      Greinke - $15 (option yr)
                      Happ - $5
                      Knebel - $2 (option yr)
                      Leclerc - $5 (option yr)
                      Will Smith - $4
                      Jeffress - $3

I punt Grienke whichever Brewer isnt closing, Happ, renfroe and either Smith or Leclerc. These closers are low end and in a 12 teamer, would seem to be low hanging fruit.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        I would not give Robles a raise. If I was a believer in him I might rebid him to get that new contract. Can I get him back for 3 years for $8 or less?
                        The Steamer projection might make Robles a difficult buy this year. I don't think he'll be bought for less than $10 in many keeper leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          The Steamer projection might make Robles a difficult buy this year. I don't think he'll be bought for less than $10 in many keeper leagues.
                          I probably like him less than most. I would most likely try to combine Robles and Greinke for someone more to my liking.

Comment

Working...
                          X