Trading for Chapman and Nimmo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    if you watch any games, give Nimmo a bump.

fans always wish MLB players would act a little more excited to be "living the dream."

Nimmo's smile and joie de vivre is utterly infectious. the pride of Wyoming!
    Yeah, I dig that sort of thing. It was what made me stick with Lindor despite scouts claiming he was gonna be a great real player, but a blah fantasy one.

About the trade, I think he was shooting for the moon, and I've countered. I hate giving them up, but I offered a simple 2 for 2. Bo Bichette and Matt Manning for Chapman and Nimmo. If he takes it, great. If not, I don't hate Taylor and Lopez as final keepers. I'm banking on the fact that he has 17 guys he wants to keep and a thin minors, so the trade makes sense for him, because it is really these two prospects, plus a $10 Peraza and a $5 Cron he would have room to keep with this deal.

Comment

I ended up trading Bo Bichette and Matt manning for Chapman and Nimmo, but then immediately flipped Nimmo for Yordan Alvarez and Isaac Paredes. So it ended up being Bichette and Manning for matt chapman, yordan alvarez, and isaac paredes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I ended up trading Bo Bichette and Matt manning for Chapman and Nimmo, but then immediately flipped Nimmo for Yordan Alvarez and Isaac Paredes. So it ended up being Bichette and Manning for matt chapman, yordan alvarez, and isaac paredes.
        Your league parameters are so different from my knowledge that I don't know if your second trade was good or not, but I question it. The first trade was great for you. Are you competing this year or not? I am sure it is in this thread, but I don't remember. And I am pretty sure that trading Nimmo for two minor league guys who won't contribute this year won't help you win this year. Nimmo is good in fantasy, even discounting the pride of Wyoming and the smile. Smiles are not always liked. Andruw always smiled. Ask Dodgers' fans about that.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Your league parameters are so different from my knowledge that I don't know if your second trade was good or not, but I question it. The first trade was great for you. Are you competing this year or not? I am sure it is in this thread, but I don't remember. And I am pretty sure that trading Nimmo for two minor league guys who won't contribute this year won't help you win this year. Nimmo is good in fantasy, even discounting the pride of Wyoming and the smile. Smiles are not always liked. Andruw always smiled. Ask Dodgers' fans about that.
          Yes, I am going for the 3 peat this year. I'm have now flipped paredes, and Nate Lowe, along with Reynaldo Lopez and Yadier Molina for a $1 Aaron Hicks. So I figure I am no worse off in the OF, and I netted Yordan Alvarez from swapping Nimmo out for Hicks. In my leagues I know I can get a good upgrade down the line for Yordan.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Yes, I am going for the 3 peat this year. I'm have now flipped paredes, and Nate Lowe, along with Reynaldo Lopez and Yadier Molina for a $1 Aaron Hicks. So I figure I am no worse off in the OF, and I netted Yordan Alvarez from swapping Nimmo out for Hicks. In my leagues I know I can get a good upgrade down the line for Yordan.
            That certainly looks good for you (the third trade).

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              That certainly looks good for you (the third trade).
              The question I have now is, do I extend Hicks? He was great last year, but is that enough Track record after years of being not good to extend?

Comment

I believe Hicks is a FA after 2019, fwiw
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I believe Hicks is a FA after 2019, fwiw
                  Yeah, he is, and there is no telling where he will end up. Is his value so largely tied to his home that it matters? Would that uncertainty make you let him play for a buck the year? Given our large cap and inflation, $6 is still a massive bargain if he is capable of repeating his 2018 performance?

Comment

I'd extend to $6. I can't imagine that he won't be starting for someone and producing that much, and it makes him a dump trade guy for this year. I think that's better than taking the extra $5 profit this year.

Comment

there is a non-zero chance that the Yankees sign Harper and give Judge significant time in CF this year. so more dominoes to fall
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

there is a non-zero chance that the Yankees sign Harper and give Judge significant time in CF this year. so more dominoes to fall
                        Yes, but Hicks will either play full time or get traded unless the Yankees are nuts. Gardner shouldn't block him at all.

Comment

Working...
                        X