Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is your most expensive keeper for 2019?

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Two of those are bargains. One is at value.

I hope this made you smile...
    I think it's fair to say that only one of those was an actual bargain but definitely got the humor, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cavebird View Post
    16-team mixed, $300 auction budget, 13 hitters (standard, but 1 C), 11 P (6 SP, 5 RP), my highest is Bauer at $24. I could keep Freeman at $55 or Scherzer at $60, but I do not plan to do so; both went for $50 last year. After Bauer, it is Correa $21 and Schwarber $16. I am happier with Acuna and Albies for $6 each.
    Wow, interesting set up. That really pushes RP value up, requring 5 rp starters. Is it a saves and holds league?

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Wow, interesting set up. That really pushes RP value up, requring 5 rp starters.
    Does it? Relative to the normal league setup you are adding 2-3 additional RP. But RP value in that range isn't dramatically diverse, so unless it's a saves and holds league, your typical RP doesn't actually change much

Big Leaguer
    10-team NL: Freeman 33
    12-team mixed: Verlander 26 and Soto 24 (can only keep 6, also have TTurner 16, Gallo 11, Pham 11, Clevinger 6)
    10-team AL: probably Gallo 12 unless I talk myself into Sal Perez 21 or JD Martinez 46, but I have a lot of premium cheap talent
    18-team mixed: definitely Trout 25/expiring, maybe Stanton 46 or Sale 51 (still waffling)
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Wow, interesting set up. That really pushes RP value up, requring 5 rp starters. Is it a saves and holds league?
    It has lots of interesting rules, like major-league keepers being locked in your lineup unless on the DL. RP values do go up, but not by as much as it would seem, probably because so many middle relievers are fungible. Just saves league. And pretty much anyone who starts will end up with SP only status quickly per the rules, so there aren't those expensive ones, either.

Quote Originally Posted by cavebird View Post
    It has lots of interesting rules, like major-league keepers being locked in your lineup unless on the DL. RP values do go up, but not by as much as it would seem, probably because so many middle relievers are fungible. Just saves league. And pretty much anyone who starts will end up with SP only status quickly per the rules, so there aren't those expensive ones, either.
    Ha, my immediate thought was to exploit the rules and start SP elg RPs if I were in that league set up, but I'm guessing that got sorted out quickly.

Ha, my immediate thought was to exploit the rules and start SP elg RPs if I were in that league set up, but I'm guessing that got sorted out quickly.
    The rule changed while I was in the league. It used to be that relief-starters, as they were called, were very expensive. (Back then it was 5x5 with IP instead of K's, so a relief starter was huge. That has changed to K's since.) Smoltz went for $35 when he converted back to starting despite it being the back end of his career.