Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your most expensive keeper for 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your most expensive keeper for 2019?

Value, bargains, pricing comes up every year. I am kind of curious how RJ spends their money pre-auction.

In my NL only Scherzer 54, then Freeman 35.

AL only Betts 45 (from last year) and Cole 40 (traded for).

The only one that I would consider a bargain of these is Betts. I am happy to have the other ones for counting stats/value but I do not consider them a bargain.

How about you?

NL Only

deGrom 40
    Rizzo 37

Just traded a much cheaper D. Peralta for Rizzo and a prospect pick as our league is going to be seriously low on 1B at auction this year.

Comment

NL only 12 team 5x5: Jacob DeGrom $35
      AL only 12 team 5x5: Chris Sale $36

Funny, I’m sensing a pattern...

Comment

14 team...mixed...5x5...9 keepers... $300 budget

I am keeping:
        $56 Degrom
        $51 JD Martinez
        $50 Stanton
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          NL only 12 team 5x5: Jacob DeGrom $35
          AL only 12 team 5x5: Chris Sale $36

Funny, I’m sensing a pattern...
          and for me, Kluber at $37
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Right now I have Craig Kimbrel $21, but I may move him. That would leave me with Jameson Taillon $17 and Ronald Acuna $15.

Comment

a.l. only, 12 teams...$31 frankie lindor

This year is the first time fishboy is available in auction since entering the majors. I expect he'll cost the winning team about $57 .... and it won't be me

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Right now I have Craig Kimbrel $21, but I may move him. That would leave me with Jameson Taillon $17 and Ronald Acuna $15.
                Two of those are bargains. One is at value.

I hope this made you smile...

Comment

16-team mixed, $300 auction budget, 13 hitters (standard, but 1 C), 11 P (6 SP, 5 RP), my highest is Bauer at $24. I could keep Freeman at $55 or Scherzer at $60, but I do not plan to do so; both went for $50 last year. After Bauer, it is Correa $21 and Schwarber $16. I am happier with Acuna and Albies for $6 each.

Comment

Mith's mixed league I'm keeping Kluber at $56

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Two of those are bargains. One is at value.

I hope this made you smile...
                      I think it's fair to say that only one of those was an actual bargain but definitely got the humor, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        16-team mixed, $300 auction budget, 13 hitters (standard, but 1 C), 11 P (6 SP, 5 RP), my highest is Bauer at $24. I could keep Freeman at $55 or Scherzer at $60, but I do not plan to do so; both went for $50 last year. After Bauer, it is Correa $21 and Schwarber $16. I am happier with Acuna and Albies for $6 each.
                        Wow, interesting set up. That really pushes RP value up, requring 5 rp starters. Is it a saves and holds league?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          Wow, interesting set up. That really pushes RP value up, requring 5 rp starters.
                          Does it? Relative to the normal league setup you are adding 2-3 additional RP. But RP value in that range isn't dramatically diverse, so unless it's a saves and holds league, your typical RP doesn't actually change much

Comment

10-team NL: Freeman 33
                            12-team mixed: Verlander 26 and Soto 24 (can only keep 6, also have TTurner 16, Gallo 11, Pham 11, Clevinger 6)
                            10-team AL: probably Gallo 12 unless I talk myself into Sal Perez 21 or JD Martinez 46, but I have a lot of premium cheap talent
                            18-team mixed: definitely Trout 25/expiring, maybe Stanton 46 or Sale 51 (still waffling)
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Wow, interesting set up. That really pushes RP value up, requring 5 rp starters. Is it a saves and holds league?
                              It has lots of interesting rules, like major-league keepers being locked in your lineup unless on the DL. RP values do go up, but not by as much as it would seem, probably because so many middle relievers are fungible. Just saves league. And pretty much anyone who starts will end up with SP only status quickly per the rules, so there aren't those expensive ones, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X