Anthony Davis trade demand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Davis trade demand

The latest is that the Pels have already started removing him from all of their promotional materials, have spoken with several teams but aren't returning the Lakers' calls thus far, and would consider shutting him down for the season if they haven't traded him by the deadline just to preserve his health as an offseason trade asset. That last piece has to be super depressing for his fantasy owners.

Assuming the Pelicans would strongly prefer to trade him to the East and knowing the Celtics can't trade for him until the offseason, what other possibilities are out there? Since I'm in the NYC area, I know that Knicks fans are all talking about the possibility of landing him in New York, but assuming Davis wants out because he wants to win, I would be shocked to see him end up in a Knick uniform. Who else might go after him?

Why would anyone go after him after he said he would only resign with LA. Everyone thought Cleveland got hosed in the Kyrie deal but if he opts out and goes free Agent then who got hosed. AD could be the same. Milwaukee is the only one out side of Boston that could keep him. Greek freak and AD I like to see.

Comment

Maybe they think the only way to get a superstar is to bring him in and hope he becomes so enamored with the team's and franchise's dynamic that he decides to stay despite having no prior intention of doing so, a la Paul George.

Comment

It sounds like the Lakers intend to make the Pelicans an offer they can't really refuse.

The Lakers have reportedly made five potential trade offers to the Pelicans for Anthony Davis, one of which "would include Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Ivica Zubac [and a] No. 1 pick."

L.A. isn't messing around in their pursuit of AD, obviously. That's a serious haul of young talent, although Ball reportedly doesn't want to play in New Orleans so maybe that would give them pause. Davis has made it clear that he'd view any other team as a way-stop on his inevitable path to L.A., too, so we're unlikely to see a comparable offer unless the Celtics can get involved this summer. The deadline is one week away so we won't have to wait long for some resolution.
        Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Not sure what else the Lakers could offer that would be more attractive, other than more picks. Unless they can find a trade they like that will net them one or more likely lottery picks, I think they'll ultimately deal with the Lakers (and then petition to move to the Eastern Conference, lol).

Comment

Davis has apparently told the Pels that he'd only sign a long term deal with the Lakers, Clippers, Knicks or Bucks. The Celtics, despite not being on that list, also appear determined to make every effort to convince the Pels to wait until summer and then think they can convince Davis and Irving to sign long term deals.

An AD-Giannis pairing or an AD-Kyrie pairing would seem poised to dominate the East for several years. Although it's possible the AD-Kyrie pairing could be either in Boston or New York.

Comment

Working...
          X