Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-Only Trade

Hi all,

5x5 (OBP instead of AVG), 12-team, NL-Only, $280 cap, with typically fairly heavy inflation (hitters regularly go over $50 and are kept with frequency - I will likely be keeping a $52 Goldschmidt this year and I don't think anyone will raise an eyebrow; pitchers often do, Scherzer will be kept at $53 and was even acquired with the intention of keeping a few weeks ago).

I was offered Noah Syndergaard at $14, expiring at the end of 2019 and Yasiel Puig at $26, year 2 for Jesus Aguilar at $2, year 2 and "not a major piece." Major piece to be determined.

Rest of my definite keepers right now are: Goldschmidt, DeJong, Kemp, Jose Martinez, Soto, Taillon, Wheeler, Newcomb, Vazquez. Also have other potentials to probables in Iannetta (a buck), Dietrich (if he signs somewhere favorable), Woodruff, Freddy Peralta, Caleb Smith, Dinelson Lamet (yes, I know I'm pitching heavy).

Salary right now on my "if roster freeze was today" roster was $152 left for 10 players. If I did this deal, I would have $115 for 10 players, and it would basically be all spent on hitting. My pitching staff would be essentially complete going into the draft and I would feel pretty good about it.

So, my question is two-fold:

1) Would you do this deal, assuming the not major piece was to your satisfaction?

2) If so, which of the following "not major pieces" would you be willing to include: a) Iannetta - $1, b) Dietrich - $9, c) AJ Pollock - $37, d) Howie Kendrick - $3, e) Austin Dean - $5, f) Jose Siri - $5, g) Brandon Woodruff - $5, h) Freddy Peralta - $5, i) Caleb Smith - $2, j) Steve Cishek - $3, k) Jose Urena - $5

Thanks in advance.

i would pass. you have a solid start to your staff and while youre getting two nice pieces, they arent cheap. I prefer the extra $38 and a great trade piece to a dumper in season.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

oh and Aggie doesnt suck either
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I would do the deal. You're ok moneywise and have 1b covered. Aguilar is very nice at $2 even with some likely regression, but Syndergaard fits like a glove and is priced really well and Puig just might go crazy at GABP.

None of the other pieces are worth losing sleep over. Woodruff is my favorite from that group.

Comment

Yes I'd make that deal in a heavy inflation environment like you describe, easily.

Agree that none of the secondary pieces are really consequential.

Comment

I would do it if the other piece was any on that last list.

Comment

I kinda like it. Puig is a keeper at that price. I still believe in Thor, even though I hate to bet on pitching. It seems like Puig would go for a lot more than 26. You could go in with Thor/Taillon/Wheeler and a good closer and spend your auction dollars on bats.

If Aguilar is $30 under value, is Thor $20 under and Puig $10? Something like that?

Comment

You guys are higher on Puig than me. Theres a decent chance he is elsewhere in the 2nd half and he has been a disappointment for most of his career thus far. I am not sure what kind of elite SP will be out there in the auction but for me #2JA and an extra $38 in the auction for a stud carries more value, knowing that come dump time in my league JA gets me 2 very good players from a dumper.

Comment

Can you get someone other than Puig in the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    Can you get someone other than Puig in the deal?
                    No, but mainly because I pulled the trigger already. We will see if it was wise or not.

Thanks, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      No, but mainly because I pulled the trigger already. We will see if it was wise or not.

Thanks, everyone!
                      Good choice, I was going to ask why you would want to ask for someone other than Puig. He is a good keeper in your format.

Comment

Working...
                      X