Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of the expert drafts would you consider the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of the expert drafts would you consider the best?

There are a lot of ways to define best. In this case, I mean the most useful as a tool in building your own valuations.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Related question, are any of them better than NFBC ADP?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Related question, are any of them better than NFBC ADP?
      I'd say no. The wisdom of the crowd accounts for expert opinions. And where experts we respect diverge from adps, I think we have the valuable resource of having them identify who they consider as under and over value. There is also value in seeing how experts construct their teams, but the actual draft order of players in an expert draft is less useful as a ranking of players, precisely because those owners are picking players based on individual strategies and team needs.

Comment

I just saw him at HQ AZ Fall League meetup in November and he killed, so I gotta go with the ones Jason is in.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

For auction leagues, LABR or Tout (whichever is later). For draft maybe NFBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            I just saw him at HQ AZ Fall League meetup in November and he killed, so I gotta go with the ones Jason is in.
            wait, not to be an idiot, but you were at FPAZ? How come we didn't meet?
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
            X