Non rookie undervalued players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non rookie undervalued players

Not necessarily bounceback, but players that for one reason or another people are down on this year that may well return some value at a reduced cost. A couple that come to mind:

Kingery
    Bumgarner

RotoGraphs did a podcast on the subject of players with ADP over #300. Some were prospects. A couple had a fair amount of ML time already. l left those in even though they are technically still rookies. ADP in parenthesis from NFBC.

Teoscar Hernandez (313)
    Willie Calhoun (337)
    Ryan O’Hearn (328)
    Alex Verdugo (353)
    Roman Quinn (410)
    Dustin Fowler (446)
    Brandon Lowe (486)

Paul and Justin discuss the Garcia, Ottavino, Allen, and Flores moves, check in on Gray trade rumors, and then analyze a group of potential breakout hitters being drafted 300 or later in early drafts.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

honestly I don't like Kingery or Bumgarner at all for this.

I do like the thread idea - and hope to actually contribute a name or two when I get a chance
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I don't know. Kingery has an ADP over #350. At that price I'm interested.

MadBum is not yet in free fall but I'm leery. If you want SP, why not Matthew Boyd or Michael Fulmer?

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Verdugo definitely. The others not so much. And Verdugo likely the safest bet to do this given skills and opportunity.

Comment

All these players are >300 ADP and could represent a great return on a minimal investment:

Todd Frazier
            Bradley Zimmer (assuming he plays in ST)
            Jorge Soler
            Brett Gardner
            Matt Kemp
            Luke Weaver
            Mike Fiers
            Freddy Peralta
            Corbin Burnes
            Jeff Samardzjia
            Robbie Erlin

Comment

445) Cozart
              458) Kang

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                All these players are >300 ADP and could represent a great return on a minimal investment:

Todd Frazier
                Bradley Zimmer (assuming he plays in ST)
                Jorge Soler
                Brett Gardner
                Matt Kemp
                Luke Weaver
                Mike Fiers
                Freddy Peralta
                Corbin Burnes
                Jeff Samardzjia
                Robbie Erlin
                I like Corbin Burnes chances this year if they are truthful about him being a starter.

Comment

either way, love me some "Mister Burnes!"
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Franchy Cordero for me. Power some speed and only 24 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Isn't Cordero sort of Urias lite, ie low power, not much speed, not as good with the glove?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        Isn't Cordero sort of Urias lite, ie low power, not much speed?

J
                        In a word, no.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Isn't Cordero sort of Urias lite, ie low power, not much speed, not as good with the glove?

J
                          From Fansided

We only have 40 games of data to look at, some of those games were nothing more than a late-game pinch-hit, however, fans quickly saw exactly what Andy Green was talking about when he said that Cordero has the most explosive tools on the current roster.

Few players in baseball can hit the ball as hard as Cordero can. Nearly 50% of all of his batted balls were classified as “hard-hit” per Baseball Savant (anything over 95 mph is considered hard-hit). His hardest hit ball of 2018 was clocked at 116.9 mph, good enough for the 13th hardest hit ball in the majors this season.

This rocket ship against the Arizona Diamondbacks traveled 489 feet and was the second furthest home run this season, behind only Trevor Story‘s 505-foot bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            This is an interesting guy to me. When healthy he looked like a world beater. His injury issues brought his numbers down and ultimately ended his season early. His 2 year MLB stats are underwhelming and combined with the Petco reputation he will be an end game buy. So hard to find speed now and he could easily contribute 10 SB.

Comment

Votto is a curious case. No doubt his price will come way down from last year. He finally started showing his age, seemingly losing his power stroke and being more susceptible to injury, most relatively minor in nature that he played through. There were times where he looked hobbled.

However, I wonder if some of this was due to the ongoing struggles of the team and maybe finally he was losing patience. An interesting offseason for the Reds with several meaningful pickups may rejuvenate him. It wouldn't surprise me if his voice was heard loud and clear by Cincy mgmt that it was time to spend a few bucks.

If his price comes down to around a Hosmer/Belt level there could be some good value.

Comment

Working...
                              X