AL Only 2K19 Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only 2K19 Keepers

12 team AL only league; $265 budget. We are moving to 6x6: AVG, OOPS, R, HR, RBI, SB & QS+W/2, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD. We draft 24 players; 2 C, 1B, 3B, CR, 2B, SS, MI 4 OF, 1 UT, 1 DH and 10 P. Can keep 12. B players are going into their option year. and Mondesi is the only one worthy of consideration. The C contracts are guaranteed. Inflation is usually around 25-30%.

Gary Sanchez $20C20
    Isiah Kiner-Falefa $10F
    Adalberto Mondesi $3B
    Carlos Correa $20C19
    Adam Jones $24A
    Josh Reddick $12B
    Michael Brantley $22A
    Nick Delmonico $9A
    Nomar Mazara $15C19
    Yandy Diaz $1B
    Blake Parker $10A
    Danny Duffy $11C20
    David Paulino $1B
    Dellin Betances $9A
    Keynan Middleton $3A
    Luis Severino $34A
    Matt Boyd $2A

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by BuckyBuckner; 01-30-2019, 10:58 AM.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Go big or go home. I'll bet on enough of a bounceback from Sanchez and Correa that I'm still happy be stuck with them at those prices. Brantley is a tougher call but I think he's worth the dice roll. I don't think you can do better as a 2nd catcher than IKF.

So, uh, how do you get out of keeping Duffy?

Sanchez
    Kiner-Falefa
    Mondesi extend 1 year
    Correa
    Brantley
    Mazara
    Yandy
    Dellin
    Sevvy
    Boyd

Comment

I think Sanchez and Correa are required to be kept. Still worth it. I agree with all of JC’s recommendations; not sure about Betances at that price but worth considering.

Comment

I forgot to mention that F guys under $10 need to be $10 to be kept. So I don't think Kiner-Falefa is worth $10. I edited the salary on my original post so no one else gets confused.

To buy out Duffy's contract it would cost me $6 in auction dollars. I traded for him during the season taking a gamble that he would improve [Ron Howard: He didn't] cause I needed starters.

Dellin is definitely worth $9, we have holds as a category. He's worth about $15.
        Last edited by BuckyBuckner; 01-30-2019, 10:58 AM.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          I forgot to mention that F guys under $10 need to be $10 to be kept. So I don't think Kiner-Falefa is worth $10. I edited the salary on my original post so no one else gets confused.

To buy out Duffy's contract it would cost me $6 in auction dollars. I traded for him during the season taking a gamble that he would improve [Ron Howard: He didn't] cause I needed starters.

Dellin is definitely worth $9, we have holds as a category. He's worth about $15.
          So if you cut Duffy you open the spot and save $5?

I am giving Mondesi 2 years without blinking.

I like Brantley. He is fine at $22. I am not cutting him just because I have to hang on to some C contracts.

I would not keep the catcher for 10 bucks. Should be able to get him back for less.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            So if you cut Duffy you open the spot and save $5?

I am giving Mondesi 2 years without blinking.

I like Brantley. He is fine at $22. I am not cutting him just because I have to hang on to some C contracts.

I would not keep the catcher for 10 bucks. Should be able to get him back for less.
            Yes, I would save $5 if I cut Duffy.

Thoughts on Parker at $10 if he's the closer in MIN?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Agree on Duffy. Look at that, everyone at RJ is good at figuring out sunk costs! That's uncommon

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                Yes, I would save $5 if I cut Duffy.

Thoughts on Parker at $10 if he's the closer in MIN?
                Easy one first: I cut Duffy, use the savings for an extra year(2 year ext) on Mondesi.

Regarding Parker; I think May will be the closer. If Parker is named the closer I would probably keep him for 10 bucks. Then again it depends on how your league values closers. If they do not spend much, I would easily want to take the ten bucks add money to it and get more sure fire one.

Comment

So this team is a lot uglier than my NL team. I did not really like my keeper list going into the season so I decided to target players that had down years or young players with upside. Same cats as the NL league: AVG, OPS, R, HR, RBI, SB & QS+W/2, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD

C Sanchez,Gary $20C20
                  C Perez,Salvador $10A
                  1B Bird,Greg $10A
                  CI Reed,A.J. $1A
                  3B Candelario,Jeimer $17A
                  2B Robertson,Daniel $6A
                  MI Mondesi,Raul $13C21
                  SS Correa,Carlos $20C19
                  OF Mazara,Nomar $15C19
                  OF Brantley,Michael $22B
                  OF Meadows,Austin $22A
                  OF McKinney,Billy $8A
                  DH Diaz,Yandy $1C19
                  UT Frazier,Clint $8A
                  P Boyd,Matthew $2B
                  P Severino,Luis $31A
                  P Pena,Felix $10A
                  P Sanchez,Aaron $9A
                  P Abreu,Bryan $1A
                  P Swarzak,Anthony $2A
                  P Font,Wilmer $1A
                  P Tepera,Ryan $1B
                  P Betances,Dellin $9B
                  P May,Trevor $15A

I spent $6 to buyout Danny Duffy, and I ended up leaving $5 on the table. I felt prices were out of control for pitching: James $19, Peacock $22, Darwinzon Hernandez $13 (all three to the same guy; who also spent $38 on Pham) and Glasnow $24 are some highlights of that. The Candelario bid was mostly cause I needed a third basemen and had money to spend. Who the hell knows with him. Meadows was expensive but again, had money and at least I like him. It's a real rough team but I like some of the potential for 2020 in Perez, Bird, Frazier, Pena and maybe Abreu moves up the minors quickly.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                  X