NL Only 2K19 Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Only 2K19 Keepers

12 team NL only league; $265 budget. We are moving to 6x6: AVG, OOPS, R, HR, RBI, SB & QS+W/2, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD. We draft 24 players; 2 C, 1B, 3B, CR, 2B, SS, MI 4 OF, 2 UT and 10 P. Can keep 12. B players are going into their option year but I don't see anyone that really warrants an extension. The C contracts are guaranteed. Inflation is usually around 25-30%.

Yasmani Grandal $10A
    Ryan Zimmerman $15A
    David Bote $10F
    Wil Myers $30A
    Kolten Wong $24A
    Corey Seager $20C20
    Christian Yelich $42A
    Joc Pederson $5A
    Matt Kemp $5A
    Alex Wood $8B
    Arodys Vizcaino $1B
    Cole Hamels $13F
    Greg Holland $10F
    John Gant $2F
    Kyle Barraclough $12B
    Madison Bumgarner $29A
    Michael Wacha $8B
    Mike Foltynewicz $8A
    Steve Cishek $3A

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by BuckyBuckner; 01-30-2019, 10:57 AM.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Grandal
    Seager
    Yelich
    Joc
    Arodys
    Hamels
    Folty

Maybe Myers? One of the Reds (Kemp or Wood)? QS+W/2 helps Bumgarner but I'm not sure it helps enough.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Grandal
      Seager
      Yelich
      Joc
      Arodys
      Hamels
      Folty

Maybe Myers? One of the Reds (Kemp or Wood)? QS+W/2 helps Bumgarner but I'm not sure it helps enough.
      Agree with this but would keep Kemp @ $5.

Comment

Grandal
        Seager
        Yelich
        Kemp
        Vizcaino
        Folty
        Cishek depending on cost for solid relievers

Comment

I would go

Yasmani Grandal $10A
          Corey Seager $20C20
          Christian Yelich $42A
          Joc Pederson $5A
          Alex Wood $8B
          Arodys Vizcaino $1B
          Cole Hamels $13F
          Kyle Barraclough $12B
          Michael Wacha $8B
          Mike Foltynewicz $8A

I am on the fence with Claw but in a 12 teamer if he is closing, you kinda have to. I dont keep Kemp as I think he winds up platooning with Winker and he is on the wrong side.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I don't think there's any chance Claw is closing unless Doolittle looses an arm. Plus he was pretty awful last year. But yeah, if he's closing, I guess I agree.

I think Cishek is a clear keeper with holds as a category. The Forecaster has him earning $8 this year, and that's just standard 5x5, no holds factored in. BBHQ custom values has him at $15.

I'm glad everyone is saying to keep Yelich. I love him but was wondering if $42 was too much. I think his HRs go down a bit but he's still a beast.

Interesting on Hamels. I've been on the fence. I actually have a trade offer to me where I give Hamels (along with a third round draft pick in the minor league draft that I can't use) for Nick Ahmed at $2A. Kind of tempting but not overwhelming.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              I don't think there's any chance Claw is closing unless Doolittle looses an arm. Plus he was pretty awful last year. But yeah, if he's closing, I guess I agree.

I think Cishek is a clear keeper with holds as a category. The Forecaster has him earning $8 this year, and that's just standard 5x5, no holds factored in. BBHQ custom values has him at $15.

I'm glad everyone is saying to keep Yelich. I love him but was wondering if $42 was too much. I think his HRs go down a bit but he's still a beast.

Interesting on Hamels. I've been on the fence. I actually have a trade offer to me where I give Hamels (along with a third round draft pick in the minor league draft that I can't use) for Nick Ahmed at $2A. Kind of tempting but not overwhelming.
              I would keep Kemp at $5. I would not keep Bearclaw.

I too kind of like the 2A Ahmed. You save 11 bucks and you can't use the pick.

Comment

I traded Bumgarner $29A for Adam Frazier $2B, Roman Quinn $3A and Seth Lugo $1A.

Right now I think I have 13 possible keepers with this trade:

Yasmani Grandal $10A
                Adam Frazier $2B
                Corey Seager $20C20
                Christian Yelich $42A
                Joc Pederson $5A
                Matt Kemp $5A
                Roman Quinn $3A
                Alex Wood $8B
                Cole Hamels $13F
                Mike Foltynewicz $8A
                Seth Lugo $1A
                Steve Cishek $3A
                Arodys Vizcaino $1B

Quinn could be the odd man out at the moment. Spring training could change that. I decided I wanted to keep Hamels and didn't make the Ahmed trade.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

agree with most here but I think Kemp will get enough AB to justify a $5 in an NL only if you dont have a better option.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    12 team NL only league; $265 budget. We are moving to 6x6: AVG, OOPS, R, HR, RBI, SB & QS+W/2, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD. We draft 24 players; 2 C, 1B, 3B, CR, 2B, SS, MI 4 OF, 2 UT and 10 P. Can keep 12. B players are going into their option year but I don't see anyone that really warrants an extension. The C contracts are guaranteed. Inflation is usually around 25-30%.

Yasmani Grandal $10A*****************yes
                    Ryan Zimmerman $15A*****************
                    David Bote $10F
                    Wil Myers $30A***************************
                    Kolten Wong $24A---PT questions?
                    Corey Seager $20C20********************
                    Christian Yelich $42A*********************
                    Joc Pederson $5A--also PT questions?
                    Matt Kemp $5A**************************
                    Alex Wood $8B----------in a heartbeat if he is healthy
                    Arodys Vizcaino $1B************************
                    Cole Hamels $13F-----end of the line?
                    Greg Holland $10F-----------not a believer
                    John Gant $2F-------who knows how he is handled--I do like him if he starts in rotation
                    Kyle Barraclough $12B--buried behind others for saves
                    Madison Bumgarner $29A---will he make it through the year without breaking down? How effective?
                    Michael Wacha $8B*********************
                    Mike Foltynewicz $8A*****************
                    Steve Cishek $3A**********************

What do you guys think?
                    See above**********. BTW, what does the "F" designation mean?
                    Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
                      See above**********. BTW, what does the "F" designation mean?
                      F means they where FAABed and can only be kept next year. Also, I traded Bumgarner for Adam Frazier $2B, Roman Quinn $3A and Seth Lugo $1A.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Could use some help on a trade. I currently have four minor leaguers: Taylor Trammell $10M, Colton Welker $5M, Jhailyn Ortiz $5M and Braxton Garrett $5M. I have two picks in the minor league draft; a second and a late third. We can only have five minor leaguers so I have one extra pick.

I've been discussing trading my second round pick (which is 16th overall) along with other players for Ross Stripling at $3A. I offered Ryan Zimmerman $15A, Roman Quinn $3A and the pick for Stripling but he declined and asked me to replace Zimmerman with Hamels $13F (F meaning I can only keep him for one year). Just wanted to get an idea of what you guys think about Stripling? Stripling doesn't have a spot in the rotation at the moment but I that rotation is far from a picture of health.

What do you guys think?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I like Stripling but I can't see how I like him more than Hamels+Quinn. Not sure if Quinn is a keeper given the 6th category that he's bad at, but he could be. I think Stripling is at most 130 very good innings, and there's downside from there.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            I like Stripling but I can't see how I like him more than Hamels+Quinn. Not sure if Quinn is a keeper given the 6th category that he's bad at, but he could be. I think Stripling is at most 130 very good innings, and there's downside from there.
                            Right now Quinn is the odd man out but I agree that this is a bit much to pay, especially considering the draft pick. His initial offer was just the pick for Luke Weaver $5B. But I already have too many keepers.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Here's what I ended up wtih (Cats: AVG, OPS, R, HR, RBI, SB & QS+W/2, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD):

C Grandal,Yasmani $10B
                              C Caratini,Victor $4A
                              1B Belt,Brandon $15A
                              CI Gonzalez,Erik $3A
                              3B Lamb,Jake $17A
                              2B Frazier,Adam $7C20
                              MI Panik,Joe $3A
                              SS Seager,Corey $20C20
                              OF Yelich,Christian $42B
                              OF Pederson,Joc $5B
                              OF Kemp,Matt $5B
                              OF Blackmon,Charlie $42A
                              UT Williams,Nick $1A
                              UT Chisenhall,Lonnie $2A
                              P Hamels,Cole $13C19
                              P Wood,Alex $8C19
                              P Foltynewicz,Mike $8B
                              P Kershaw,Clayton $25A
                              P Eflin,Zach $3A
                              P Lauer,Eric $2A
                              P Lugo,Seth $1B
                              P Cishek,Steve $3B
                              P Jansen,Kenley $25A
                              P Vizcaino,Arodys $1C19

I've never paid for a closer, let alone $25 for one but it seemed like the right thing to do. RotoLab's Baseball HQ projects have me comfortably in first place, so that means my team will suck. There's definitely some health risk With Kershaw and Belt but I don't really have any glaring holes. I'll replace Kershaw and Folty with some relievers (Holland wasn't even drafted). I just realized I have three Pittsburgh hitters, and none of them are Marte, Bell or Dickerson, oh boy.

So what do you guys think?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X