Early Take on NL Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Take on NL Keepers

We keep a max of 7 in our NL-only 5x5. Would appreciate your thoughts on a top 7, as well as contract extensions and guys to trade away. Thanks!

Yadier Molina $16
    Tucker Barnhart $4
    Jose Martinez $2 (option year)
    Ozzie Albies $8 (option year)
    Eugenio Suarez $19 (option year)
    Matt Adams $3
    Ronald Acuna Jr $8
    Bryce Harper $50 (only if signs in NL obv)
    Garrett Hampson $8
    Jacob deGrom $35
    Luis Castillo $10 (option year)
    Jordan Hicks $1
    Madison Bumgarner $24

I don’t want to bias the advice with my thoughts. Will do that later. Thanks a lot for your advice on the top 7 - as well as any feedback on trade fodder (overvalued in the market etc).

You should keep Acuna.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      You should keep Acuna.
      Ballsy pick! I respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        We keep a max of 7 in our NL-only 5x5. Would appreciate your thoughts on a top 7, as well as contract extensions and guys to trade away. Thanks!

Yadier Molina $16
        Tucker Barnhart $4

Matt Adams $3
        Ronald Acuna Jr $8
        Bryce Harper $50 (only if signs in NL obv)
        Garrett Hampson $8
        Jacob deGrom $35
        Jordan Hicks $1
        Madison Bumgarner $24

I don’t want to bias the advice with my thoughts. Will do that later. Thanks a lot for your advice on the top 7 - as well as any feedback on trade fodder (overvalued in the market etc).
        I don't play NL only, so this is just my 2 cents worth.

I think these are the obvious five. The remaining two would depend upon what you expect in the way of inflation and the availability of starting pitching. If there is going to be substantial inflation and scarce starting pitching, I'd keep deGrom for sure. The seventh would be a pick 'em between several guys depending upon who you like or what you think might be scarce. The catchers may hold some profit when you figure inflation. I wouldn't keep Harper or Bumgarner.

I wouldn't extend anyone, just enjoy the profit. If you just have to extend someone, I'd extend Ozzie a year.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Acuna
          Albies
          deGrom
          Martinez
          Suarez
          Barnhart
          Castillo

Hicks might sneak in if he's the closer instead of Miller.
          Molina should draw some trade interest, along with Hampson

Comment

Ronald Acuna Jr $8
            Jacob deGrom $35
            Jordan Hicks $1

No extensions.

Comment

How many teams? I like Degrom a lot. A lot more in 11 or 12 team leagues.

Do you get to keep J-Mart's stats if he's traded to the AL? The Rays no longer have an opening at DH after trading for Avisail Garcia, but someone must want him.

Comment

I have 8 listed here. Martinez would be who I let go of if all guys below are in the majors and in the NL

Ozzie Albies $8 (option year) extend 1 yr, 2 if you love him but I an ot big on long term extensions
                Ronald Acuna Jr $8
                Garrett Hampson $8
                Jacob deGrom $35 there is a real lack of quality SP and I am okay with keeping the best at 35
                Jordan Hicks $1 I keep him even if Miller starts as the closer. He will get at least 10 saves in 2019
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Thanks everyone.

12 teams.
                  We do keep stats if traded to the AL (as long as that happens in season or after keepers are due).

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I have 8 listed here. Martinez would be who I let go of if all guys below are in the majors and in the NL

Ozzie Albies $8 (option year) extend 1 yr, 2 if you love him but I an ot big on long term extensions
                    Ronald Acuna Jr $8
                    Garrett Hampson $8
                    Jacob deGrom $35 there is a real lack of quality SP and I am okay with keeping the best at 35
                    Jordan Hicks $1 I keep him even if Miller starts as the closer. He will get at least 10 saves in 2019
                    That's my 8 as well. I would extend Albies a year. Last spot is between J-Mart, Hampson or Castillo. I do like Castillo but this is a good list. I think right now I throw back Martinez, he's just so blocked.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Fascinated by the lack of love for Yadier Molina; I know he’s old but has been steady at a very weak position.

Curious if you would keep any of these trade candidates over my 7th keeper:
                      Miles Mikolas $11
                      Christian Yelich $40
                      David Dahl $9

Comment

It's been asked once or twice in the thread, but the question of inflation is very important here - what % are you expecting?

Comment

Typical inflation in our league is 20% or 25%. Obviously it’s not symmetrical; higher at top end, lower at low end usually.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Fascinated by the lack of love for Yadier Molina; I know he’s old but has been steady at a very weak position.

Miles Mikolas $11
                            Christian Yelich $40
                            David Dahl $9
                            Yees.....all of them

Comment

Miles Mikolas $11
                              Christian Yelich $40
                              David Dahl $9
                              Yes on Yelich. Big Yes on Mikolas and Dahl.
                              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Working...
                              X