No announcement yet.

RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I ended up with an all-NL SP rotation and an all-AL bullpen. Seems about right for a mixed league.

Comment

• I just drafted my 5th Phillie. I hope this works out for me.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• At the end of Rd 22, I will drop the clock to 3 hours. If you're past the point of caring, you may always feel free to put your team on auto at this stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          At the end of Rd 22, I will drop the clock to 3 hours. If you're past the point of caring, you may always feel free to put your team on auto at this stage.
          just asking - since this is a no-transaction league what is the reason for drafting reserve rounds?
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            just asking - since this is a no-transaction league what is the reason for drafting reserve rounds?
            Best ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Best ball.
              What does that mean again, lol?
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                I'm not 100% sure. Essentially because we're playing points, we don't have to make changes and Fantrax will just "figure out" our lineups based on who gets the "most points". I know that. Just not how it works.

Does that mean the magical Fantrax computer will take position eligiblity into account and slide Asdrubal into my SS slot and bench Dejong for my reserve pick Greg Allen if Dejong has a bad week? Is it done by week? By month? Just by the best 23 players at the end of the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Best Ball = no lineups are set, ever. Each week is it's own period, and the system will then take the best players you have on your team at each required lineup position. So for example, if you draft 15 pitchers, it will take the best 9 for that period, based on the points they scored that given week. If you draft 5 shortstops and 3 second basemen, it will take the best 2B, SS & one more for MI. It will then take the best two remaining hitters from any position to use at Utility.

Since we're not doing any add/drops, if your guys start to fall by the wayside because of injuries or demotions, oh well.

Comment

• ahhh ... so they're not really reserve or bench, at least not in the traditional sense - the team is 35 guys & it takes the best scores by position. so I should care about these picks ... thanks.

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    thanks for asking.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• In the words of Devo
                      "How long can this go on?"

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        In the words of Devo
                        "How long can this go on?"
                        35 rounds, to be precise. Like I posted earlier, if you're done with it, just go on Auto-Draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Asdrubal Cabrera played 22 games at 3B and should be eligible at 3B/CI. Not sure if it really matters, but it's annoying.
                          Yeah this is confusing me because they only have Keke Hernandez as OF eligible and he should be OF/2B and SS. I assume it will fix itself in season, but if not I won't have a backup SS.

Comment

• If you're done with this draft, please put yourself on autopilot or just comment here that you've had enough!

Comment

• In Round 23 I drafted Kurt Suzuki, but Astudillo is showing on my roster for that pick.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                In Round 23 I drafted Kurt Suzuki, but Astudillo is showing on my roster for that pick.
                                According to the Draft Results, you took Astudillo in Rd 23......AND Kurt Suzuki in Rd 29.

And you're up now -- and timed out and took another catcher.

Comment

Working...
                                X