RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    If it is going to score it out why would I play it based on roto? You guys let me know I am happy with whatever I won't do a points draft either but I don't mind it for fun.
    We're only "playing it out" because some guys didn't want to do a draft if they didn't play it out, and others had no interest playing it out. So then compromising, using a BestBall format where no lineups are set, no adds or trades are made, the only place to do that was on Fantrax, and the only way they could do it was by points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Revo addressed this already but I'm happy to rehash (this is a mock I can't take it too seriously)

This is a mock draft. The goal of the mock draft is to help us see what players get picked/where, and put us into different situations in the draft format so we can see what players are left and give us practice for our upcoming drafts.

The bestball was an added bonus JUST to allow the season to play out. Some people wanted a real league, others didn't - best ball is a compromise that allows the season to be played out with an exactly 0 time commit. It's a great compromise that revo came up with to please everyone.

But the goal of the mock is not to win the mock. If you are trying to win a bestball league then you can probably win this mock. But we were trying to do a mock roto league. The fact that it plays out bestball is just for grins.
      Well I entered the scoring format into the rotowire software since I assumed we were playing it out based on the scoring system on the site and I assume everyone else did that besides whoever picked Mad Max because the pitchers don't go at 5-7.

Comment

• Okay. After Arenado and Martinez went, I have Yelich next under either format.

Comment

• I'm drafting this thing to win it, as I was firmly in the "not mocking if not playing it out" camp.
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Color me confused.
            -guy who wanted to do the league as we did last year
            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
              Color me confused.
              -guy who wanted to do the league as we did last year
              There should not be confusion, we talked about this before the draft started that we were drafting for roto, but apparently some people join a mock and don't follow the directions of the mock, even after it is explained. Oh well, what can we do! There's a bad apple in every barrell, right?

Comment

• Also, I don’t spend as much time as I used to reading every post about what’s supposed to be a fun draft. Oops. I’m going for the W now!
                -confused bad apple
                One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                  Also, I don’t spend as much time as I used to reading every post about what’s supposed to be a fun draft. Oops. I’m going for the W now!
                  -confused bad apple
                  Good luck to you.

I don't have time to waste on a mock for bestball since I'm not playing bestball. So I'll be just autodrafting (i.e. not ever looking at this league again).

I ... guess beating the autodrafters is something to be proud of! Good luck guys.

Comment

• there is zero point in "playing out" checkers if we are drafting chess. I have zero interest in "draft for roto, but we are going to play out bestball/points"

I'd suggest scrapping this whole draft, and starting 2 new ones. A standard roto mock that will not be played out, and a separate one with this "bestball/points" setup. I'm very interested in playing in the 2nd.
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      there is zero point in "playing out" checkers if we are drafting chess. I have zero interest in "draft for roto, but we are going to play out bestball/points"

I'd suggest scrapping this whole draft, and starting 2 new ones. A standard roto mock that will not be played out, and a separate one with this "bestball/points" setup. I'm very interested in playing in the 2nd.
                      Actually some of us think there is a point, and Revo answered your question in post 29 of this thread.

Instead of needing to create 2 new leagues, why don't we continue this league how it was intended/setup (possibly resetting back to the point in the draft where things went awry), and if you are interested in joining a real bestball league, just go join a bestball league?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Actually some of us think there is a point, and Revo answered your question in post 29 of this thread.

Instead of needing to create 2 new leagues, why don't we continue this league how it was intended/setup (possibly resetting back to the point in the draft where things went awry), and if you are interested in joining a real bestball league, just go join a bestball league?
                        I'm fine with leaving if you all want to restart

Comment

• How about everybody just draft however you want? After the first round, it's not going to make much of a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            How about everybody just draft however you want? After the first round, it's not going to make much of a difference.
                            voice of reason

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              voice of reason

Sorry gotta laugh at you calling the person whose instructions for the mock you explicitly chose not to follow as the voice of reason. Dripping in irony.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Comment

• Does the draft run overnight or do we pause at a certain time?
                                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Working...
                                X