No announcement yet.

RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thrown early on by the debate over whether we were drafting to the bestball points scoring or 5x5 roto, so I honestly still don't have a good sense of how I should be assessing my squad. I'm much more heavily invested on the hitting side so far and think that will give me a real advantage there, as it's always easier to luck into pitching production than hitting production. I too didn't feel a need to get saves early, but I need to hope that Thor stays healthy and Archer comes closer to fulfilling his potential with a full season in the NL.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      I was thrown early on by the debate over whether we were drafting to the bestball points scoring or 5x5 roto, so I honestly still don't have a good sense of how I should be assessing my squad. I'm much more heavily invested on the hitting side so far and think that will give me a real advantage there, as it's always easier to luck into pitching production than hitting production. I too didn't feel a need to get saves early, but I need to hope that Thor stays healthy and Archer comes closer to fulfilling his potential with a full season in the NL.
      Honestly, I'm a little surprised that some here are valuing the 'points over roto' with the BestBall format. Under BestBall, if your guy doesn't do so hot that week, the next guy up will count. So what does it matter if a pitcher has a bad start or two -- unless you simply don't draft enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Honestly, I'm a little surprised that some here are valuing the 'points over roto' with the BestBall format. Under BestBall, if your guy doesn't do so hot that week, the next guy up will count. So what does it matter if a pitcher has a bad start or two -- unless you simply don't draft enough.
        I just am trying to draft a strong team

Comment

• I have little idea what the hell I am doing.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Sorry for a couple of slow picks today, guys. I just now got home from the hospital (knee replacement surgery). I used autodraft as much as I could, and messed up a couple of times, but I hope there is the basis for a decent roto-based team.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• I will admit the combination of OBP and BestBall pushed me to take Moncada over Dozier. I think they're pretty close, and Dozier does walk, but I might be swinging for the fences with Moncada. And from a 5x5 perspective, I like Moncada's SB upside more than Dozier.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                sooo - how is your team so far

I am happy with mine - now I need to chase down some pitching fliers - some speed and a respectable catcher
                Regretting the Realmuto pick a bit, but there just wasn't anyone else I loved at that spot (5/66) even in a 1-C league.

Tons of OBP hopefuls in Mookie, Muncy, Hoskins and Nimmo. Love my pitching with Bauer/Price/Treinen. Hoping Moncada isn't a bust.

The 4OF instead of 5OF dynamic scares me a bit, I am a bit worried about already having 3 of them.

Comment

• Have we been stuck in place since early yesterday afternoon or is my draft room screen just frozen?

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Have we been stuck in place since early yesterday afternoon or is my draft room screen just frozen?
                    I picked last night, Kikuchi, even though it didn't go into the chat box. But we're still waiting on DMT to pick on the turn.

Comment

• I thought I saw a message in the chat about how deep SS/MI was this year. I agree. It might be the only deep position. (Well, OF probably is when you only start 4)

I love, love, love Trea Turner but I'm still not 100% sold on him early in round 1 because of the depth of late round shortstops.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        I thought I saw a message in the chat about how deep SS/MI was this year. I agree. It might be the only deep position. (Well, OF probably is when you only start 4)

I love, love, love Trea Turner but I'm still not 100% sold on him early in round 1 because of the depth of late round shortstops.
                        Yeah, I agree. I still haven't picked a SS yet, and I'm not sweating it (although I did want Amed Rosario).

Comment

• I'm still happy with Story at Pick 23.

Comment

• I changed up some of the bestball settings to de-emphasize starting pitching and get us back towards a roto-style draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I changed up some of the bestball settings to de-emphasize starting pitching and get us back towards a roto-style draft.
                              LOL. That's sure to go over well with the guys who insisted on drafting to the settings that were in place when the draft started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I changed up some of the bestball settings to de-emphasize starting pitching and get us back towards a roto-style draft.
                                I checked the points and it looked the same to me as it did before? Here's what I have:

Hit Walks BB 1
                                Hit Hits H 1
                                Hit Home Runs HR 3
                                Hit Runs Scored R 1
                                Hit Runs Batted In RBI 1
                                Hit Stolen Bases SB 3
                                Pit Wins W 6
                                Pit Walks Allowed BB -0.5
                                Pit Earned Runs Allowed ER -1.5
                                Pit Hits Allowed H -0.5
                                Pit Innings Pitched IP 1.5
                                Pit Strikeouts Pitched K 1.5