Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

I was thrown early on by the debate over whether we were drafting to the bestball points scoring or 5x5 roto, so I honestly still don't have a good sense of how I should be assessing my squad. I'm much more heavily invested on the hitting side so far and think that will give me a real advantage there, as it's always easier to luck into pitching production than hitting production. I too didn't feel a need to get saves early, but I need to hope that Thor stays healthy and Archer comes closer to fulfilling his potential with a full season in the NL.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    I was thrown early on by the debate over whether we were drafting to the bestball points scoring or 5x5 roto, so I honestly still don't have a good sense of how I should be assessing my squad. I'm much more heavily invested on the hitting side so far and think that will give me a real advantage there, as it's always easier to luck into pitching production than hitting production. I too didn't feel a need to get saves early, but I need to hope that Thor stays healthy and Archer comes closer to fulfilling his potential with a full season in the NL.
    Honestly, I'm a little surprised that some here are valuing the 'points over roto' with the BestBall format. Under BestBall, if your guy doesn't do so hot that week, the next guy up will count. So what does it matter if a pitcher has a bad start or two -- unless you simply don't draft enough.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Honestly, I'm a little surprised that some here are valuing the 'points over roto' with the BestBall format. Under BestBall, if your guy doesn't do so hot that week, the next guy up will count. So what does it matter if a pitcher has a bad start or two -- unless you simply don't draft enough.
    I just am trying to draft a strong team