• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    1. Trout
    2. Mookie
    3. J-Ram

Then it's tricky for #4.
    4 pitchers in a row after the top 3 hitters..

1.4 Mad Max
    1.5 Degrom
    1.6 Verlander
    1.7 Sale

Comment

• sorry I held things up, I thought I had set to pull from my queue
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        4 pitchers in a row after the top 3 hitters..

1.4 Mad Max
        1.5 Degrom
        1.6 Verlander
        1.7 Sale
        Is this a best ball thing? Are those really guys who should go in the top half of a roto draft? Maybe they are and we're all undervaluing aces.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Is this a best ball thing? Are those really guys who should go in the top half of a roto draft? Maybe they are and we're all undervaluing aces.
          I think it is a best ball and scoring format thing, I am using the rotowire software and inputed the scoring system and it has really bumped up all the stud SP's. Bad pitching can get you negative points if you look at the scoring, bad hitting doesn't get any negative points for K's.

SCORING

Scoring Group

Scoring Category

Hitting

Hits (H)

Hitting

Home Runs (HR)

Hitting

Runs Batted In (RBI)

Hitting

Runs Scored (R)

Hitting

Stolen Bases (SB)

Hitting

Walks (BB)

Pitching

Earned Runs Allowed (ER)

Pitching

Hits Allowed (H)

Pitching

Innings Pitched (IP)

Pitching

Saves (SV)

Pitching

Strikeouts Pitched (K)

Pitching

Walks Allowed (BB)

Pitching

Wins (W)

Comment

• But we agreed to draft based on roto? What's going on?

The goal is not to "win" a best ball league guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              But we agreed to draft based on roto? What's going on?

So we aren't playing the format? I thought we were playing it out as a best ball league where we can just see how we finish. If we are drafting based 5x5 that is fine, but why didn't we make that the settings.

Comment

I think it is a best ball and scoring format thing, I am using the rotowire software and inputed the scoring system and it has really bumped up all the stud SP's.
                Don't do that! Draft based on a 5x5 roto, otherwise this mock is useless, I'm not playing any points leagues this year so I'm wasting my time if we are just going to mock a points league. Back on page 1/2 of this thread we talked about the fact that the best ball was JUST to allow the season to play out without us having to manage it. Not so that we'd adjust our strategy to try and win a mock league.

I haz a sad.

Comment

But we agreed to draft based on roto? What's going on?

We did? I'm super confused. I thought we were drafting based on the points league scoring frae posted.

Comment

So we aren't playing the format? I thought we were playing it out as a best ball league where we can just see how we finish. If we are drafting based 5x5 that is fine, but why didn't we make that the settings.
                    We talked about this at the beginning of the thread, I understand that not everyone was in on that discussion, sounds like that caused the confusion.

The point of the mock draft is to mock a roto 5x5.

We only made it best ball so that it could be played out without you having to manage your team.

Comment

• This was addressed in post 25

Comment

Don't do that! Draft based on a 5x5 roto, otherwise this mock is useless, I'm not playing any points leagues this year so I'm wasting my time if we are just going to mock a points league. Back on page 1/2 of this thread we talked about the fact that the best ball was JUST to allow the season to play out without us having to manage it. Not so that we'd adjust our strategy to try and win a mock league.

I haz a sad.
                        If it is going to score it out why would I play it based on roto? You guys let me know I am happy with whatever I won't do a points draft either but I don't mind it for fun.

Comment

• I'm not sure I can wrap my head around drafting for one format knowing that the team will be scored under a completely different format, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                            I'm not sure I can wrap my head around drafting for one format knowing that the team will be scored under a completely different format, lol.
                            Yeah I am with this. I am supposed to willingly finish poorly so we can practice roto?

Comment

If it is going to score it out why would I play it based on roto? You guys let me know I am happy with whatever I won't do a points draft either but I don't mind it for fun.
                              Revo addressed this already but I'm happy to rehash (this is a mock I can't take it too seriously)

This is a mock draft. The goal of the mock draft is to help us see what players get picked/where, and put us into different situations in the draft format so we can see what players are left and give us practice for our upcoming drafts.

The bestball was an added bonus JUST to allow the season to play out. Some people wanted a real league, others didn't - best ball is a compromise that allows the season to be played out with an exactly 0 time commit. It's a great compromise that revo came up with to please everyone.

But the goal of the mock is not to win the mock. If you are trying to win a bestball league then you can probably win this mock. But we were trying to do a mock roto league. The fact that it plays out bestball is just for grins.

Comment

Yeah I am with this. I am supposed to willingly finish poorly so we can practice roto?
                                Isn't that what a mock draft is? Most of them don't finish at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X