No announcement yet.

RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, everyone is signed in and we're all set for tomorrow morning at 9am. I suppose it would be easier if we just drafted entirely in the draft room there, and maybe just posted a round by round summary here for others to follow along.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      OK, everyone is signed in and we're all set for tomorrow morning at 9am. I suppose it would be easier if we just drafted entirely in the draft room there, and maybe just posted a round by round summary here for others to follow along.
      I noticed in the position settings that we have C,1,2,3,S, 4 OFs, 2 UTs, and 2 corner infielders. No middle infielders. Is there a special reason we load up on corners?
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        I noticed in the position settings that we have C,1,2,3,S, 4 OFs, 2 UTs, and 2 corner infielders. No middle infielders. Is there a special reason we load up on corners?
        I'd vote for the traditional roto positional settings if we have an option, C C 1 2 3 S Mi Ci OFx5, UT, Px9

Comment

I dont care what draft spot I have.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I'd vote for the traditional roto positional settings if we have an option, C C 1 2 3 S Mi Ci OFx5, UT, Px9
            I would rather 1 C 2 UTs.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              I would rather 1 C 2 UTs.
              Seconded

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                Seconded
                3rd...two catchers is not the norm anymore...it's an exception. 2 UT's is much more standard these days.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  3rd...two catchers is not the norm anymore...it's an exception. 2 UT's is much more standard these days.
                  I'm interested to see stats on that. I've heard several times that the new fad is the norm, but normally when we look at the actual data the traditional roto setup normally stays consistent as the majority. I know we saw this a couple years ago by looking at cbs data through their API. Is there any data that you are referring to here or anecdotal?

Comment

I agree w/Ken. On a geek forum such as our beloved RJ, it may seem like the new norm. I think a traditional format would likely serve more people’s needs. But hey, I was all for replicating last year’s league as well. I’m the “if it ain’t broke....” type
                    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                      That's fixed. 1 CI and 1 MI.

Also, I'm going to give commish access to Ken & JC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        I'm interested to see stats on that. I've heard several times that the new fad is the norm, but normally when we look at the actual data the traditional roto setup normally stays consistent as the majority. I know we saw this a couple years ago by looking at cbs data through their API. Is there any data that you are referring to here or anecdotal?
                        Mostly anecdotal, I'm in 4 competitive leagues, an 18 team mixed, an NL only, an AL only, and a points dynasty league. At this point, only the NL only still has 2 catchers...an that may change this year.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Mostly anecdotal, I'm in 4 competitive leagues, an 18 team mixed, an NL only, an AL only, and a points dynasty league. At this point, only the NL only still has 2 catchers...an that may change this year.
                          Makes sense, I'm in 5 competitive, 1 of them has always been 1C, the other 4 are 2C formats. Discussion on 1 of them changing for 2020.

Comment

PONY has 2 catchers, and NFBC has 2 catchers. It seems to me that NFBC or NFBC-like is becoming "a" standard, if not the standard.

Comment

And we're live. In the draft room, it looks like we're only drafting 9 hitters. Is that accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                And we're live. In the draft room, it looks like we're only drafting 9 hitters. Is that accurate?
                                No.

Since this is "best ball", the site will count the best:
                                C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 4xOF, 2xUT, 9xP

But you're limited to having on your team:
                                5xC, 5x1B, 5x2B, 5xSS, 5x3B, 10xOF, 15xP

We will be drafting 35 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X