Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Not sure what this post means?

I am on vacation. Sorry for taking so long.
    It's just a joke, because you're famous for posting that players suck. No worries.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      It's just a joke, because you're famous for posting that players suck. No worries.
      I understood it. And laughed.

Comment

Haha. Thought you might have meant my team sucked because my picks since round 2 are bad.

Slow mental day!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Mith, you’re up! Let’s go!!!!

OK, I've changed the timeout clock to 4 hours, with a sleep timer from midnight to 8am. If you time out, it will pick from your queue first, so make sure you set your queue if you don't check in as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Mith, you’re up! Let’s go!!!!

OK, I've changed the timeout clock to 4 hours, with a sleep timer from midnight to 8am. If you time out, it will pick from your queue first, so make sure you set your queue if you don't check in as much.
            Thanks...while I'm not married to a mock, I do like to use it as research. And this no time out was killing it. Hopefully it'll just pull the highest rated player if people don't have a queue?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• thanks for moving up the clock
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I seem to be picking up a lot of guys whose stock dropped from a down year in 2018 (e.g., Sanchez, Myers, Inciarte, Lamb, Santana on the hitting side; Archer, Hamels, Allen on the pitching side). Hoping that they revert toward the level of their demonstrated talent, rather than that they've "lost it". But they feel like bargains with strong upside to me where I'm grabbing them. What do y'all think?

Comment

I seem to be picking up a lot of guys whose stock dropped from a down year in 2018 (e.g., Sanchez, Myers, Inciarte, Lamb, Santana on the hitting side; Archer, Hamels, Allen on the pitching side). Hoping that they revert toward the level of their demonstrated talent, rather than that they've "lost it". But they feel like bargains with strong upside to me where I'm grabbing them. What do y'all think?
                  I liked the Myers pick, and liked the Santana pick a lot. I worry about Sanchez this year, and wonder how much of your apparently unbridled optimism was tongue in cheek.
                  A casual review of my pitching staff suggests that I probably am not the right person to comment on your choices in that regard.
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I seem to be picking up a lot of guys whose stock dropped from a down year in 2018 (e.g., Sanchez, Myers, Inciarte, Lamb, Santana on the hitting side; Archer, Hamels, Allen on the pitching side). Hoping that they revert toward the level of their demonstrated talent, rather than that they've "lost it". But they feel like bargains with strong upside to me where I'm grabbing them. What do y'all think?
                    Seems like a mix of guys I like to bounce back and guys I don't.

Sanchez... but only 1 catcher in this league so his value is weird
                    Hamels... I do like him to continue what he did in CHI
                    Allen... not seeing a full bounce back but a friendly-ish park and a long leash combined with a little more improvements
                    D Santana ... I do like a bounce back, he should also have a long leash so even if he doesn't come all the way back, lots of good counting stats

Archer... I want to believe but I really don't
                    Myers... meh
                    Inciarte... what he did after April was not very good
                    Lamb... shoulder scares me

Comment

I seem to be picking up a lot of guys whose stock dropped from a down year in 2018 ...
                      it's not just you, there are simply a ton of guys who fit that description ... my list includes Darvish & Alex Reyes on the pitching side, Bryant & Soler on the hitting side (I know I took Bryant too early but I really do think he'll bounce back)
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I'm way too happy with my team. I must be overvaluing guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          I'm way too happy with my team. I must be overvaluing guys.
                          I like your team a lot. If your pitching works out after Bauer & Price, it could be amazing.

Comment

• Draft room says that the draft is suspended...otherwise, I'd take Forrest Whitley of the Astros and hope for 130 exceptional innings. Someone want to draft him for me so we can move along? Thanks...

ETA: Working now drafted Whitley.
                            Last edited by Hornsby; 02-26-2019, 06:13 AM.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Asdrubal Cabrera played 22 games at 3B and should be eligible at 3B/CI. Not sure if it really matters, but it's annoying.

Comment

• If you know you're going to be away and have your queue set, you can click on 'AutoDraft' (which is greyed out if you don't have it on).

Comment

Working...
                                X