2k19: Jeimer Candelario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k19: Jeimer Candelario

Hey all, picked up a $1 Jeimer off the waiver wire last year in Pony (15 team mixed) and considering my other options at the end of my keeper list he seems like a no brainer. His first 2 months last year give hope that he could significantly improve but can he? His lefty righty splits are horrible and the K rate pretty bad too. His defense and team look to keep him in the lineup but is the leadoff spot secure? Did the injury cause the severe decline in June? He's never really been on my radar before so any advice very much appreciated.

Some may differ, but I like him for a buck. Gives you more money to spend at auction. When we feel good about a $1 keeper how bad can it hurt us.

If he figures out how to hit righties you will look like a genius.

Comment

Mostly good walk rates, but also a decent number of pop-ups, an elevated K rate and not a lot of hard contact. I would say there's no way he should hit leadoff but who knows with the Tigers. I think if it was me I'd hit Niko leadoff? At least he can run a bit?

Anyway, I think Candelario gets his AVG up a bit but I don't see a breakout coming beyond that. Maybe .255 and 18 HR? You could do worse for a buck but the question is do you want to fill the spot?

Comment

Thanks guys. Yes JC, could I make better use of that spot is definitely the question. His April and May are tantalizing me and I am hopeful that injuries had more to do with the drop-off than skills. I too question the leadoff spot but maybe the Tigers see something the numbers don't tell. More likely the lineup just blows and he's the only guy likely to stick there.

Comment

Working...
        X