Now that's cold..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single digits temps today and tomorrow.

Forecast is in the 50's starting Sunday.

Crazy!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

am headed to Nashville for Super Bowl Sunday. it was zero degrees there last night, will be 65 on Sunday!
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

-27 with a windchill of -46 here at 9:00 this morning.

Took the dogs out this morning. They usually sniff and stay out for about five minutes. This morning, it was a business trip. In and out in one minute.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Chicago is setting their train tracks on fire to keep the switches working.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

This might make you feel better ... or worse ...

Antarctica Weather Conditions

Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station -21°
            Bouvet Island -2°
            Browning Pass Station -11°
            Casey Station -1°
            Commandante Ferraz Station 0°
            Concordia Station -42°
            Davis Station -3°
            Dome Fuji Station -1°
            Druzhnaya 4 Station -4°
            Dumont d'Urville Station -6°
            Enigma Lake Station -11°
            Escudero Station 0°
            Esperanza Station -2°
            Fossil Bluff Station -3°
            Frei Station 0°
            Heard Island 3°
            Heard Island and McDonald Islands 3°
            McDonald Island 3°
            Red Island 3°
            Shag Island 3°
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

It makes me feel worse, because unless those are Celsius (wait, I am guessing the are), those numbers are in line with what we have going on this week, except for Concordia Station.

Human beings are not meant to live in such conditions. We need to all go back to a nomadic lifestyle to pass through places like this only in the summer, fall, and spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                It makes me feel worse, because unless those are Celsius (wait, I am guessing the are), those numbers are in line with what we have going on this week, except for Concordia Station.

Human beings are not meant to live in such conditions. We need to all go back to a nomadic lifestyle to pass through places like this only in the summer, fall, and spring.
                yes the're celsius. that means that most stations are somewhere around freezing (32 of your degrees); even the -21 at the south pole equates to about -6 F
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  yes the're celsius. that means that most stations are somewhere around freezing (32 of your degrees); even the -21 at the south pole equates to about -6 F
                  Ah, I know the conversion but didn't think enough about it. Yeah, so that makes it worse, because it is colder here!

Comment

Nobody told me there was going to be math in this thread.

If we Mericans have to make too many metric conversions the mods will have to move this thread to the hot button topics.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Nobody told me there was going to be math in this thread.

If we Mericans have to make too many metric conversions the mods will have to move this thread to the hot button topics.
                      I understand. Here, I'll translate for you ...

This might make you feel better ... or worse ...

Antarctica Weather Conditions

pretty much everywhere: not-as-cold-as-where-you-are

Comment

Some parts of the country have had to halt mail delivery and gasp......beer deliveries due to the extreme cold weather.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I understand. Here, I'll translate for you ...
                          Thanks.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Some parts of the country have had to halt mail delivery and gasp......beer deliveries due to the extreme cold weather.
                            yeah, a truckload of these would be very sad ... (I've left a case outside in cold weather only to have this happen!!!)

Comment

-26 F last night in Palo Hills Ill with a wind chill of -56.

I am in Atlanta with my flight back to O'Hare cancelled. It is about 40 here. I go back tomorrow afternoon to the heat wave of -3. Woo hoo.

Comment

its going to rain here tonight
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X