Thread: disabled email notifications about thread updates

disabled email notifications about thread updates

I received notification from the new host we have an unusually high amount of smtp (Mail) traffic around notifications, so shutting that feature off for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight J View Post
    I received notification from the new host we have an unusually high amount of smtp (Mail) traffic around notifications, so shutting that feature off for the time being.
    I sent out a bunch of emails 2 weeks ago to anyone who had not logged in for 6 months. It may have included all those bots. Maybe ask them if it's that?

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    I sent out a bunch of emails 2 weeks ago to anyone who had not logged in for 6 months. It may have included all those bots. Maybe ask them if it's that?
    just got the notification two nights ago. Trying this first to see if there is any change.

what's with the much higher "users viewing" numbers for each forum, they look like 10x normal
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

disabled email notifications sound like some newfangled voodoo... like

Open it and all it says is...

You're Now Blind.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...