Brandon Belt, o20, $10
    Ryan Braun, o20, $24
    Dylan Bundy, o19, $3
    Joey Lucchesi, o20, $5
    Vince Velasquez, o20, $4
    Kenley Jansen, o20, $35

Who would you keep?
    Thanks everyone!

I'd keep Yuli, as 1B/3B/CI gets shallow fast. Can Yelich even come close to doing it again?

For some of the hype I've heard around Ohtani, I think you'd be justified. I've heard people throwing 30/20 projections on him. I don't know if I see him doing that well but there's no denying he's an amazing talent. If you threw him back what would he go for?

For your sake I hope the Padres clear up their OF mess before keeper day. I'm not sure what to do about Franchy. Don't I have Renfroe? I did at one point. So I'd also like them to clear things up. I don't think I'd keep any of the rest.

Comment

I would strongly consider Lucchesi at that price.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'd keep Gurriel, Yelich, Lucchesi

Comment

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

I would go Gurriel and Lucchesi. No idea about the third one. Of course, I am weighing keeping Ohtani for $18 in a 16-team mixed, $300 budget league, so I have the same issue facing you. It isn't as obvious for me since keepers are locked into my active lineup unless on the DL and I hate filling my UT slot before the auction. On the other hand, last year, I more or less bought him as a pitcher, then stuck him at UT in the draft (I had a reserve round keeper to fill the slot) to get an extra pitcher to boost my staff and it worked since it was a $1 Folty. I am tempted to do the opposite this year and park him at SP at the auction and get an extra hitter (I have Bauer ($24), Taillon ($13), Flaherty ($6), and Folty ($6) as keeper SP's). I am probably being too cute there. Talk me out of that.

Comment

Isn't that the beauty of Ohtani, his position flexibility? In our PONY league we can move rooster positions until the last minute during our in-person draft. So, if I keep Ohtani, I can slot him in as a UT, then move him to use him as a P if/when a better option arises.

Comment

Exactly, I love that. I just wonder if it outweighs the risk. Pujols is still getting a ton of money and they are more or less both DH only. That scares me.

Comment

When you are as good of a hitter as Ohtani, they'll be hard to hold him down. Ohtani has already exceeded realistic expectations. If Ohtani is hot, I wonder if he could see some time in the OF?

Comment

Not after TJ.

Comment

Oh true. I didn't even think about his needing to throw in a pitch.

Comment

Yelich has to be worth whatever the top OF are being kept at in your league. You have lots of money to spend.....

Comment

Working...
                        X