Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Percentage of Blame: Covington Teens, Black Hebrew Israelites, Native American Elder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly this is the only place other than Twitter that I've seen people making a huge deal about it.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

[QUOTE=ironfist;327503]I think the big question here is why is a bunch of people acting like dicks front page news?

Because the GOP 2020 Presidential nominee field is wide open and they want to get a head start..............
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
        I think the big question here is why is a bunch of people acting like dicks front page news? Seriously who cares about this? Seems like people are only interested in this story to prove whose side is the bigger jerk. But seriously, why is this even a story?
        Because the media wanted to further a narrative, so they told a very incomplete version of a story, which led to outrage among the left. When the story was unquestionably proven to be much more nuanced than was originally reported, the other side was outraged at the original outrage.

Comment

[QUOTE=GwynnInTheHall;327537]
          I think the big question here is why is a bunch of people acting like dicks front page news?

Because the GOP 2020 Presidential nominee field is wide open and they want to get a head start..............
          Gwynn how long have you been back? It is nice when old peeps come back here

Comment

I blame Desmond Dekker!

Comment

[QUOTE=GwynnInTheHall;327537]
              I think the big question here is why is a bunch of people acting like dicks front page news?

hey hey, its a GITH sighting!
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

[QUOTE=Fresno Bob;327910]
                Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

hey hey, its a GITH sighting!
                i guess we now know why the profanity filters just got turned on
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

[QUOTE=The Feral Slasher;327916]
                  Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post

Hahah
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    I know, it's like the board read my mind and got offended.

Comment

CNN settled a defamation lawsuit with Covington Catholic student Nicholas Sandmann on Tuesday. A CNN spokesperson confirmed to TheWrap that a settlement was reached but did not comment on details.A lawyer for Sandmann filed a $275 million defamation suit against CNN in March 2019, saying the network’s coverage of the student’s encounter with Native American tribal elder Nathan Phillips in January of that year constituted a “vicious attack” against his client.“In short, the false and defamatory gist of CNN’s collective reporting conveyed to its viewers and readers that Nicholas was the face of an unruly hate mob of hundreds of white racist high school students who physically assaulted, harassed, and taunted two different minority groups engaged in peaceful demonstrations, preaching, song, and prayer,” according to the suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Kentucky.Also Read: Covington Student Nicholas Sandmann's Defamation Lawsuit Against the Washington Post Partially ReopenedIn July 2019, a federal judge dismissed a defamation lawsuit from Sandmann against the Washington Post, but it was partially reopened in October. There are still no trial dates for the suit against the Post or another against NBC News, both of which also focus on coverage of the interaction between Sandmann and Phillips.Representatives for the Washington Post and NBCUniversal did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s requests for comment.Read original story CNN Settles Defamation Lawsuit With Covington Student Nicholas Sandmann At TheWrap

Some closure to this old thread

Comment

Good to see money and Lawyers can make a smug little prick even richer.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Good to see money and Lawyers can make a smug little prick even richer.
                          Or....it’s good to see a news organization be held responsible for going off half cocked to advance a narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                            Or....it’s good to see a news organization be held responsible for going off half cocked to advance a narrative.
                            I'd say it's both. The CovCath kids are a bunch of snide, smug, arrogant little a-holes (I live not that far from there). Most of them wouldn't last five minutes without Daddy and Mommy's money backing them. The "news" organizations involved are a "d**n the facts, promote the narrative" bunch who got caught at it this time.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

Working...
                            X