baseball america TOP 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baseball america TOP 100

9 tampa bay devil rays including turning 18 years old wander franco at #4 in the top 100

vlad jr #1

several tommy john pitchers inside the top 40

- HoF announced last night
    - spring training begins in a few weeks
    - harper, machado, kimbrel, keuchel and bunch of other free agents still unsigned

off-season seemed to go really fast this winter

I hate that so many sources are going behind a paywall for even simple lists. It seems most of the better content is going that route. I still like MLB's stuff, so hopefully that stays available.

But yeah, the Rays are stacked. So are the Padres. Both had 9 dudes listed, which is very rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      But yeah, the Rays are stacked. So are the Padres. Both had 9 dudes listed, which is very rare.
      Not only rare but unprecedented. Only 1 team ever put 9 guys on their list before, the 2011 Royals. I also cant remember 3 teams being completely shut out before (Yanks, BoSox and Cubs).

Comment

For those with access, how many Braves are there? They are more or less feast or famine, so I imagine they have plenty of top 100, then little before 500 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          For those with access, how many Braves are there? They are more or less feast or famine, so I imagine they have plenty of top 100, then little before 500 or so.
          8, same # as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
            8, same # as last year.
            They have so much pitching, I have no idea how they will all shake out. It makes me fear them all. Anderson, Wright, Soroka, Wilson, Touki, Allard, Gohara, Wentz, Muller. Crazy pitcher depth.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-25-2019, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Phils land 3... Sixto at 13, Bohm at 65 and Luis Garcia at 88. Noticeably absent is Adonis Medina who is the #2 org prospect over at PhuturePhillies and placed #56 at baseball prospectus.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Did the Nats version of Luis Garcia also make the top 100? Has there ever been 2 guys with the same name make the cut?

Comment

Does Baseball America still put a premium on defense for middle infielders? That's one thing fantasy players need to be aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                    Does Baseball America still put a premium on defense for middle infielders? That's one thing fantasy players need to be aware of.
                    Yes, Baseball America is one of the most credible lists in the industry, but it is focused on real baseball value, which is a very different thing sometimes than roto value. There are more and more lists out there that focus on the tools that matter to us--hit, power, speed for hitters. Their pitcher rankings are still very useful though, as defensive and position doesn't play into it.

Comment

They have so much pitching, I have no idea how they will all shake out. It makes me fear them all. Anderson, Wright, Soroka, Wilson, Touki, Allard, Gohara, Wentz, Muller. Crazy pitcher depth.
                      Not just pitching, but pitching in the high minors. Atlanta--pitching. Who'da thunk it?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        Not just pitching, but pitching in the high minors. Atlanta--pitching. Who'da thunk it?

J
                        Yeah, it is a real log jam. Good problem to have, but it makes it hard to know how it will sort out for those of us targeting their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
                          I'm a Braves fan and have been for 50 years, but who besides me thinks Atlanta's pitching prospects are overrated?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                            I'm a Braves fan and have been for 50 years, but who besides me thinks Atlanta's pitching prospects are overrated?
                            I think that is a natural reaction to the volume of arms they have. It is a reminder of how many pitching prospects fail. Obviously, not all of these guys will pan out. But I think they are all good. I also think none of them are true aces, though.

Comment

I think that is a natural reaction to the volume of arms they have. It is a reminder of how many pitching prospects fail. Obviously, not all of these guys will pan out. But I think they are all good. I also think none of them are true aces, though.
                              I think it's your last sentence that I'm focusing on and from a fantasy perspective that is very important.

Comment

Working...
                              X