Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attorney sues NFL

https://wwl.radio.com/articles/attor...saints-and-los

Seriously - we all know its a terrible travesty. However, can we keep the courts out of our sports?
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Here's how this would go:

"Yes, we understand that if the penalty was called, the Saints would have won the game. But it wasn't, and there are usually 5 missed calls a game. It sucks - really sucks -- but deal with it. Having said that, the Saints were still up by 3 points with 1:41 to go, and they allowed the Rams to march right up the field and score the game-tying FG. In addition, the Saints got the ball in OT but proceeded to throw an interception, which allowed the Rams to hit a 57-yard FG to win it."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Here's how this would go:

"Yes, we understand that if the penalty was called, the Saints would have won the game. But it wasn't, and there are usually 5 missed calls a game. It sucks - really sucks -- but deal with it. Having said that, the Saints were still up by 3 points with 1:41 to go, and they allowed the Rams to march right up the field and score the game-tying FG. In addition, the Saints got the ball in OT but proceeded to throw an interception, which allowed the Rams to hit a 57-yard FG to win it."
      I disagree...

Here's how this should go:

"You brought a case into my courtroom because your favorite football team lost a game? I have real work to do, get the hell out of my courtroom and don't ever come back."

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I disagree...

Here's how this should go:

"You brought a case into my courtroom because your favorite football team lost a game? I have real work to do, get the hell out of my courtroom and don't ever come back."
        "real work" = I'm trying to do my fantasy baseball prep.
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
          "real work" = I'm trying to do my fantasy baseball prep.
          Hey! Some judge has been spilling the beans!!
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

The Saints kicker could have flubbed the kick you know..............

Comment

Belicheck proposed years ago to allow coaches to use replay on all types of plays.

Was voted down 29-1

Comment

I learned this a loooooooooong time ago, for any team sport:

The mission for each team is to outplay the other team by enough so that one bad call could not ruin your chances.

at the 2-minute mark, both teams by definition had failed in that mission.

whatever happens after that - well, next time don't fail in your mission, and you won't have to worry about anything.

(that said, I would be in favor of anything that prevents a repeat. but the Saints blew a 13-0 lead, had the lead with inside of 2 minutes, and went into OT. they had plenty of other chances, beyond getting ramrodded by one terrible non-call.)
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Belicheck proposed years ago to allow coaches to use replay on all types of plays.

Was voted down 29-1
                  That's going to change this off-season!

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    I learned this a loooooooooong time ago, for any team sport:

The mission for each team is to outplay the other team by enough so that one bad call could not ruin your chances.

at the 2-minute mark, both teams by definition had failed in that mission.

whatever happens after that - well, next time don't fail in your mission, and you won't have to worry about anything.

(that said, I would be in favor of anything that prevents a repeat. but the Saints blew a 13-0 lead, had the lead with inside of 2 minutes, and went into OT. they had plenty of other chances, beyond getting ramrodded by one terrible non-call.)
                    This is something my high school coach preached to us over and over. You know you are going to get bad calls at some point, so you have to put yourself in a position to weather them. That's the theory, anyway.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      The Saints kicker could have flubbed the kick you know..............
                      nah.....Tom Dempsey is clutch
                      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

is it just me of does Sean Payton have a lip thing going on? i think you should get an automatic penalty for having lips begging for lipstick.

Comment

Working...
                        X