Cover Songs I like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    I enjoy this version with Miles Kennedy joining him.

Comment

• This is actually a cover song of a cover song. It was originally written and recorded by John Hartford. It became a hit when Glen Campbell covered the song in a faster tempo and it won four 1968 Grammy Awards. Hartford won for "Best Folk Performance" and "Best Country & Western Song-Songwriter". Campbell won "Best Country & Western Solo Vocal Performance-Male" and "Best Country & Western Recording".

Campbell used "Gentle on My Mind" as the theme to his television variety show, "The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour" between 1969 and 1972.

Altogether it has been recorded by over 300 different artists, though Campbell's version remains the most well known.

Last edited by madducks; 09-13-2020, 12:32 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Playing a bad song well does not make it a good song. Good musicians, pleasing vocals, I will google them later tonight to see more of their stuff.

I made it to 1:17 before I bailed. I am sure Brandy is fine girl, her song not so much.
        Nope, tried 3 songs, way to bad 80's for me.

Not that they are bad musicians, just don't like there song selections. I was kind of disappointed, as I wanted to like them.

Comment

• Big Head Todd and John Popper - Rosalita:

Last edited by madducks; 09-02-2023, 01:34 AM.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Not my favorite song, but this is just so well done with so many great musicians.
            HSCC - If You Leave Me Now:

Last edited by madducks; 09-02-2023, 01:38 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Martin Miller and Andy Timmons - Still Got The Blues:

Last edited by madducks; 09-02-2023, 01:47 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This girl becomes Amy Winehouse when she's on stage.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• There is some serious vocal talent here.

Last edited by madducks; 11-21-2020, 04:11 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• What do you get when you combine Billy Idol with George Michael? This guy, who also does a pretty good cover of Back to Black. But, he sounds nothing like Amy.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ray Charles: Georgia On My Mind

Last edited by madducks; 09-02-2023, 01:44 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Nickelback - Devil Went Down To Georgia

Last edited by madducks; 09-02-2023, 01:45 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              I don't want to be rash and say I like it more than the original, but I might. A good cover for sure. She was not on my radar, but is now. Not the most technically perfect voice, but I like the way she hits the notes, especially in the opening before the instruments and other vocalist comes in.

Comment

• She's brilliant. The male vocalist....not so much. She's so good, though, that it still makes for a very good cover.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X