No announcement yet.

Cover Songs I like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

- Terence McKenna

Comment

Heart doing Stairway to Heaven
          Otis Redding doing Satisfaction
          Jimi doing Like a Rolling Stone and Wild Thing
          Weird Al doing just about anything.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Pretty good, but I've long contended that Eric Clapton's version at some sort of anniversary concert is my favorite cover of all-time:

Edit: Tried to include the original post but it would only let me link to one video

Comment

Sweet cover

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post

Thank you for posting this.

Comment

This kid has a hell of a voice.

Comment

Controller Jacobs nailed it with that "under pressure" cover. I'm a longtime Xiu Xiu fan. Unfortunate that he duets with Michael Gira, but the song is from before Gira's public sexual assault allegations... for an equally great Xiu Xiu cover without the bad vibes, check out their version of Joy Division's "ceremony":

Do all of you know that Ryan Adam's was recently outed for his own indiscretions with under age fans? Swampy, I think your students have a point.

Or do you guys ignore the personality stuff? I'm a recovering Kanye West and R. Kelly superfan, but it's something I can't support once you know... and in hindsight, i feel dumb for not connecting the dots with R. Kelly sooner.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

These kids crack me up. There's so much to love in this video - the guitarist smoking his cig while playing a la Keith Richards, the drummer's three-sizes-too-big acid-washed denim jacket... I think they forgot to tell the bass player they were filming today; it looks like he came straight from 7th period P.E.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Controller Jacobs nailed it with that "under pressure" cover. I'm a longtime Xiu Xiu fan. Unfortunate that he duets with Michael Gira, but the song is from before Gira's public sexual assault allegations... for an equally great Xiu Xiu cover without the bad vibes, check out their version of Joy Division's "ceremony":

Do all of you know that Ryan Adam's was recently outed for his own indiscretions with under age fans? Swampy, I think your students have a point.

Or do you guys ignore the personality stuff? I'm a recovering Kanye West and R. Kelly superfan, but it's something I can't support once you know... and in hindsight, i feel dumb for not connecting the dots with R. Kelly sooner.
                        um yep - Ryan is off the playlist

also - there are some lyrics that as a adult you gloss over that perk up and 8th graders ears - so one must be careful

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                          These kids crack me up. There's so much to love in this video - the guitarist smoking his cig while playing a la Keith Richards, the drummer's three-sizes-too-big acid-washed denim jacket... I think they forgot to tell the bass player they were filming today; it looks like he came straight from 7th period P.E.

Great cover.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

This is definitely the best cover of a Chumbawumba song. Proper title is actually "Rappoport's Testament".

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

And, um, this was a cover. Otis Redding did the original.

Comment

This one equalled the original, which is a really high bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X