No announcement yet.

Cover Songs I like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Not just a cover song, but a cover album by Martin Miller.

I can't stop listening to this one. Incredibly well done. But, i guess the original is so epic that anything close, like this one, would have to at least be good.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Steven Brault has another career waiting for him after baseball.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Just listening to one of my (many) Spotify mixes. Florence + the Machine covering Addicted to Love going into She Drives Me Crazy covered by Tom Jones.
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefe View Post
              My wife and I just spent the last hour digging deep into the music of this group. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you for posting it.

Love their original stuff as well as their takes on the covers.

Really fun.

Comment

Let's see if this one touches a nerve with the Zeppelin die-hards.
                It doesn't touch a nerve so much as represents the challenge of covering certain songs. Miller/Letteri are technically sound and capture the music of the song. But the cover lacks emotion. I don't get the sense that the singer even knows how to spell Kashmir much less has ever seen it. Heck. At twice their age, the original members can still convey that.

"Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                  It doesn't touch a nerve so much as represents the challenge of covering certain songs. Miller/Letteri are technically sound and capture the music of the song. But the cover lacks emotion. I don't get the sense that the singer even knows how to spell Kashmir much less has ever seen it. Heck. At twice their age, the original members can still convey that.
                  I knew somebody wouldn't like it lol. Nonetheless, as with all of the posters in this thread, i admire your passion for music.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Let's see if this one touches a nerve with the Zeppelin die-hards.
                    Vocalist blows. But I did enjoy the guitarist and the solo he threw in there.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      Vocalist blows. But I did enjoy the guitarist and the solo he threw in there.
                      Martin Miller is definitely a better guitarist than vocalist. He even has his own signature model guitar with Ibanez.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Have always enjoyed Ted Leo's take on this punk classic from Stiff Little Fingers. He kills it live, too.

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Hindley Street Country Club with guest vocalist Andy Seymour - Let's Stay Together:

Last edited by madducks; 09-02-2023, 01:30 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I love Jason Isbell, and I love this song.

Comment

• I had no idea “Heart and Soul” by Huey Lewis & the News was a cover.

The original was done by Exile of “I Want to Kiss You All Over” fame in 1981, and again by The BusBoys (of “The Boys are Back in Town” from 48 Hours fame) the following year. Neither charted.

Huey’s rendition was the first single off Sports in 1983 and went to #6. Exile’s original is pretty close to Huey’s version, which I also found interesting.

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X