Cover Songs I like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik View Post
    This one equalled the original, which is a really high bar.

My favorite "Chicago" song by far.

It has been a long time since I heard this and have forgotten how good it is. Add a cup of coffee and a nice way to get the day kicked off.

Comment

Who better to cover Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone"? And best wishes to 75 year old Mick Jagger who just had heart valve replacement surgery in New York last week. He still has more touring to do.

Last edited by madducks; 07-25-2019, 04:34 AM. Reason: video deleted from Youtube
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Corey Hart, Kim Richardson, and Jonathan Roy - "One" (live acoustic rehearsal)

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Corey Hart, Kim Richardson, and Jonathan Roy - "One" (live acoustic rehearsal)

This is not the ONE I expected.

Comment

I thought it was going to be a cover of the Harry Nilsson written for Three Dog Night One.

I looked to see covers of that One. Wow, I didn't really like any of them including Harry's. Kind of disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              This is not the ONE I expected.
              well it was the One I expected but after reading your comment I was hoping it was Metallica's One

Comment

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Notice the extra singers needed to recreate the Beach Boys studio vocal layering.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Back in college two roommates were debating on the best version of John Sloop B. They asked me for my opinion.

One was of course the Beach Boys version the other performed by a rock band on an album. I cannot remember who it was. I did a pretty extensive google search and came up with zero. I thought it was somebody like Traffic...nope not Traffic.

The rock band did not have a hit with it, it was album filler. While I picked the Beach Boys version of it, I did like the other one. I was hoping to hear it again to see if it stood up. If it did I was going to post it here.

Comment

My all time favorite of classic song.

Comment

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Four I really like.

Number 1.

Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 06-13-2019, 12:11 PM.
                            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Number 2

I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Number 3 (I also love the version by Zac Brown when they segway into this from Free)

Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 06-13-2019, 12:15 PM.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X