Cover Songs I like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Surprisingly good from a group that doesn't have a lot of views/subscribers. A bunch of older dudes rockin it under the radar. Good vocals and guitar work.

ETA: Their other stuff isn't as good. They should keep the dude from this video on vocals instead of switching him out, and the fat guitarist on lead guitar. Those two make this song.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-07-2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Surprisingly good from a group that doesn't have a lot of views/subscribers. A bunch of older dudes rockin it under the radar. Good vocals and guitar work.

ETA: Their other stuff isn't as good. They should keep the dude from this video on vocals instead of switching him out, and the fat guitarist on lead guitar. Those two make this song.
      Something tells me that he wouldn't have been the right vocalist to sing "Bad Girls".
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• wow - I am very big Clash fan and a very big Ben Folds fan but this is wretched - ouch - yuck - blecch

Last edited by swampdragon; 04-12-2020, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Outstanding vocals by this girl:
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• So many great posts. Thanks guys!!! I've always loved this version of the zombies song by Santana and Moonflower is a fantastic live album.

Comment

• Comment

• Was jamming to some of my favorite covers this evening. Love this Bruce Hornsby version of "Madman Across the Water"

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• For fans of Nirvana, check this out (h/t Bene).

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Not a big fan of the original version of this song. But this cover version sounds better IMO.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        For fans of Nirvana, check this out (h/t Bene).

I watched this and there some good stuff but a lot of Oh-OK stuff - drumming is pretty solid though

this is my favorite Nirvana cover - I would love to have seen polyphonic spree live but never got the chance - they don't do too much touring and look more chaotic, weirder and nerdier than the Flaming Lips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vzUh_55x2M

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          I would love to have seen polyphonic spree live but never got the chance -
                          Saw them about 15 years ago in Dallas, it's a really fun show.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            For fans of Nirvana, check this out (h/t Bene).

Never heard of them. Didn't have time to listen past the first few minutes. What I heard I liked.

Comment

• I have been listening to this more than a few times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GElP4YdrBE

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                                I watched this and there some good stuff but a lot of Oh-OK stuff - drumming is pretty solid though

this is my favorite Nirvana cover - I would love to have seen polyphonic spree live but never got the chance - they don't do too much touring and look more chaotic, weirder and nerdier than the Flaming Lips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vzUh_55x2M
                                That was good. I've seen them and it was a fun show. Here's another cool Nirvana cover.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X