No announcement yet.

Cover Songs I like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was trying to place the feeling Price evoked for me just now, and it just connected for me. I realize this is a stretch, because Alison Krauss has a very different voice, but she is who I was reminded of.

I think this is a first for this thread, but I think it fits, because hymns and spirituals were original at some point and the covered many, many times after that...and this one is officially a cover of the oldest song in this thread, as it is at least 165 years old. My all-time favorite African-American/Southern Gospel song, performed in what I hold to be the best version...this song makes me want to go to church .

Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-25-2021, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I was trying to place the feeling Price evoked for me just now, and it just connected for me. I realize this is a stretch, because Alison Krauss has a very different voice, but she is who I was reminded of.

I think this is a first for this thread, but I think it fits, because hymns and spirituals were original at some point and the covered many, many times after that...and this one is officially a cover of the oldest song in this thread, as it is at least 165 years old. One of my favorite African-American/Southern Gospel songs of all time, performed in what I hold to be the best version...this song makes me want to go to church .
      I seen em first

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I was trying to place the feeling Price evoked for me just now, and it just connected for me. I realize this is a stretch, because Alison Krauss has a very different voice, but she is who I was reminded of.

I think this is a first for this thread, but I think it fits, because hymns and spirituals were original at some point and the covered many, many times after that...and this one is officially a cover of the oldest song in this thread, as it is at least 165 years old. My all-time favorite African-American/Southern Gospel song, performed in what I hold to be the best version...this song makes me want to go to church .

Now you know what angels sound like.

Comment

• Comment

• I love Bruce's original, but love this one just as much.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Love that Clarks cover. Totally different energy but I love them both.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Yeah, great rendition of a great song.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Holy Smokes!

That was awesome.

Comment

• Really good for a country singer!
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Comment

• I am not a Rush fan. I am also not an Ayn Rand fan. But this goddamn cover song is incredible. Just the perfect lineup to cover this song.

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• When I was doing my Neil Young countdown, this was one of my favorite covers I came across.

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X