No announcement yet.

Trading for Trout...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I would have taken Trout in a heartbeat there. $25 in profit on a $25 player is worth way more than the same amount of profit on a cheaper player. Of course, I don't know the format and it must be weird if Trout only out-gained Benintendi by $7 last year. In a more normal setting (5x5, OBP instead of AVG, $260 budget, 15-team mixed) Trout out-earned Benintendi by $22 last year. If the format gives Benintendi an advantage, that, of course, should be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Wow, I would have taken Trout in a heartbeat there. $25 in profit on a $25 player is worth way more than the same amount of profit on a cheaper player. Of course, I don't know the format and it must be weird if Trout only out-gained Benintendi by $7 last year. In a more normal setting (5x5, OBP instead of AVG, $260 budget, 15-team mixed) Trout out-earned Benintendi by $22 last year. If the format gives Benintendi an advantage, that, of course, should be considered.
      Standard 5x5 12 team AL Only isn't abnormal, is it? Actually I think it's more traditional than the format you mentioned.

I think OBP is skewing your viewpoint. Trout had a ridiculous (best of his career) .460 OBP last year. .094 better than Benintendi. But his AVG was only .022 better. That's a huge difference between the two formats.

Comment

That's a normal format. I find it weird that Trout only out gained him by $7 last year in it. Then again, Trout did have an injury and ended up with 108 fewer AB's. Volume matters.

Comment

Working...
        X