No announcement yet.

Keepers!!! Valuable opinions wanted ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keepers!!! Valuable opinions wanted ..

Hello boys!

Yes its that time again!

14 team...mixed..5x5...$300 budget..can keep up to 9

Bold are my choices right now. Yes i might keep 3 $50+ players. Thoughts? Thanks.

C - Robinson Chirinos $1a
    1B - Carlos Santana $12c
    2B - Jose Altuve $76a
    2B - Ian Kinsler $4a
    SS - Andrelton Simmons $1a
    OF - J.D. Martinez $51b
    OF - Giancarlo Stanton 50

OF - Ender Inciarte $28a
    OF - Stephen Piscotty $2a
    OF - Hunter Renfroe $1a
    OF - Jay Bruce $8b
    SP - Jacob deGrom $56a
    SP - Brad Keller $1a
    SP - Masahiro Tanaka $28a
    SP - Wade LeBlanc $1a
    SP - Jose Urena $1a
    SP - Ross Stripling $1a
    SP - Cody Reed $1a
    SP - Joey Lucchesi $1a
    SP - Lance McCullers $26a
    SP - Michael Wacha $3a
    RP - Brad Hand $6b
    RP - Brad Boxberger $4a
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Welcome back Mith, you were missed!

Comment

It seems reasonable. I don't love Renfroe but I don't see a better last keeper, so if you don't like your ability to pick $1 players and you'd rather lock someone in I think he's fine.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'd keep Chirinos or Santana before I'd keep Renfroe

Comment

I would think you could throw back Stanton and get him for less or spend that $50 elsewhere. Not a fan of the stars and scrubs approach. We have a guy who tries to get as many $45+ players as he can and then fill out his roster with $1-2 players. In 25 years of our league, he has never won.

Comment

I might keep Kinsler for 4 bucks instead of Stanton...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
              I would think you could throw back Stanton and get him for less or spend that $50 elsewhere. Not a fan of the stars and scrubs approach. We have a guy who tries to get as many $45+ players as he can and then fill out his roster with $1-2 players. In 25 years of our league, he has never won.
              Thanks. i have never kept nearly this amount of keeper salary.

This league pays way too much for stars. I think Stanton goes for $60+ easy.

Who else would you keep.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I might keep Kinsler for 4 bucks instead of Stanton...
                I am considering Kinsler, but will going to SD mean less stats. As for Santana, is a crappy average and 25 hr and 85 or so rbi and runs worth $12?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  I am considering Kinsler, but will going to SD mean less stats. As for Santana, is a crappy average and 25 hr and 85 or so rbi and runs worth $12?
                  You mention avg....yeah, he is so much more valuable in a obp league. I a huge fan of him in such leagues. In a BA not so much, but I do expect a better year out of him than last year. He is super happy to be back in Clevland and I think he has a good year.

About Stanton, was he in the auction last year? If he went for 50 coming off a career year, why would he go for 60 or more now? If that is what you think will happen, I'd keep him. In a mixed league, it is generally a good play to go with the best players if you think they are under cost. All about the studs. Not like you will regret having Stanton.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    You mention avg....yeah, he is so much more valuable in a obp league. I a huge fan of him in such leagues. In a BA not so much, but I do expect a better year out of him than last year. He is super happy to be back in Clevland and I think he has a good year.

About Stanton, was he in the auction last year? If he went for 50 coming off a career year, why would he go for 60 or more now? If that is what you think will happen, I'd keep him. In a mixed league, it is generally a good play to go with the best players if you think they are under cost. All about the studs. Not like you will regret having Stanton.
                    Stanton was kept in 2018 for $45 and his price increases to $50 in 2019 if kept. I agree about not regretting. The regret may come in not keeping him, and him hitting 55 HR on another team in my league!

Comment

Might mean less power, but more steals and runs...SD runs a bit, IIRC.

I agree with SM, I love Santana, but not so much in a BA league.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Mith, I would toss Stanton. He’s not as bankable as the other two. For that money you want a real lock. And you can probably get him back if you really think it’s your best option.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          Mith, I would toss Stanton. He’s not as bankable as the other two. For that money you want a real lock. And you can probably get him back if you really think it’s your best option.
                          Then who would you keep instead of Stanton?

Why dont you think that he is as bankable?

Comment

Then who would you keep instead of Stanton?

Why dont you think that he is as bankable?
                            Chirinos seems a decent bet given his situation (and cost).

Stanton has a long enough injury history and has consistently earned less than his cost in most redraft leagues. And if you spend that kinda money, you need to bank stats. It’s all about minimizing downside risk at that cost.

Only reason I might keep Stanton is if you are very confident you can trade him for a big return.

Comment

If this were my team I would cut Stripling for Chirinos, Kinsler, or Santana. Depending on what is back in the auction, probably in that order.

With Stanton, you are gambling on health. Is it a good gamble? Two straight years of health, is the glass half empty or half full? Trending towards health or likely to get hurt. If he stays healthy, it seems last year could be the floor and 2017 the ceiling. That is very good. I would look at the hitters back in the auction. If he would be in the top 10 I would be keeping him.

Comment

Working...
                              X