Flat-earthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat-earthers

I'm currently taking a class called "What Is Politics?" taught by Noam Chomsky which is incredibly awesome as he's always been an idol of mine.

Anyways, the president of Media Matters skyped in for a bit and revealed that ONE OF THREE people under the age of 25 are not sure the earth is round.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

This is sort of "best of times, worst of times" post, isn't it?
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

The optimist/skeptic in me wants to know more about the questions and those surveyed. 1. Are those surveyed so sophisticated and persnickety that they bristle at the simplistic description of round, and insist it is a bumpy spheroid? 2. Are those surveyed trolling the surveyor?

However, I will say that I had a college student in my class last semester admit that he did not believe the earth was round. He described it as flat on the bottom and dumpy and mountainy on top where we live--so not completely flat. He was dead serious. I could not help but chide him.

Comment

I still think it's more likely that young people are more likely to be trolls, and that research sucks... but whatever.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

At least they dont want a regressive tax program.... lol
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            I'm currently taking a class called "What Is Politics?" taught by Noam Chomsky which is incredibly awesome as he's always been an idol of mine.

Anyways, the president of Media Matters skyped in for a bit and revealed that ONE OF THREE people under the age of 25 are not sure the earth is round.

We should find these 3 people and talk to that one.
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
            X