Bob Dylan song draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik View Post
    I'm going to take what would probably be the general consensus for 1.1, because it's just that awesome and I never get tired of it.

1.1 Like A Rolling Stone

Cool song. First time I've heard it.
    I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Alright, here is the order, 15 rounds, we'll say 8 hour clock on weekends, 4 hours during the week?

We'll start the clock on Tuesday but if everyone picks before then we can roll.

1. Erik
      2. sheep
      3. johnny
      4. DMT
      5. Gregg
      6. Teenwolf
      7. Lucky
      Can we do morning and night? I can't do 4 hours during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
        It would have been my number one, too.
        Me too.

Plus it is the song that kicked off Hendrix's rise to stardom at Monterey. Love both renditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Me too.

Plus it is the song that kicked off Hendrix's rise to stardom at Monterey. Love both renditions.
          And, incidentally, the #1 selection in Rolling Stone's "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time".

Comment

Can we do morning and night? I can't do 4 hours during the week.
            Can you be more specific? Eliminating weekdays would probably double the duration of the draft.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Does anyone know how to pull up the old Beatles draft and Zep draft threads?

Comment

Uuuuuuhhh... :coinflip:

1.02 - Tangled Up In Blue
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                  Uuuuuuhhh... :coinflip:

1.02 - Tangled Up In Blue
                  Now I'm in trouble. Damned #7 pick. "Hey Alice, wanna get into this Dylan draft?" "Sure, just so long as we get Tangled Up In Blue."

Wow, there are a lot of great Dylan songs out there.
                  Last edited by ; 05-29-2011, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Like a Rolling Stone is the clearly the Walter Johnson ... without an obvious Babe Ruth, I'll pick a Ty Cobb ...

"I heard Hard Rain and wept, 'cause it seemed that the torch had been passed to another generation." Allen Ginsberg

1.03 - A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall

There is another song of similar ilk from Freewheelin' that I prefer ... but Hard Rain has a little more gravity to it ... plus I like the old footage of him singing this song.

Hard Rain 4th on my itunes Bob Dylan play count ... Rolling Stone 3rd, and I reckon numbers 1 & 2 could make it back.
                    Last edited by johnnya24; 05-29-2011, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Can you be more specific? Eliminating weekdays would probably double the duration of the draft.
                      No not eliminate weekdays. Some week days I can pick any time. Some weekdays I can pick in the morning before 8 am or after 5pm. I am asking to not skip me if I am a few hours late.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                        Now I'm in trouble. Damned #7 pick. "Hey Alice, wanna get into this Dylan draft?" "Sure, just so long as we get Tangled Up In Blue."

Wow, there are a lot of great Dylan songs out there.
                        Would you like to trade up? I will trade spots with you.

I would have also picked Tangled Up in Blue if I had the second pick.

Comment

No not eliminate weekdays. Some week days I can pick any time. Some weekdays I can pick in the morning before 8 am or after 5pm. I am asking to not skip me if I am a few hours late.
                          That shouldn't be a problem.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            1.03 - A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall
                            This was going to be my pick, but I figured you'd take it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

1.04 Masters of War

Greatest protest song ever.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

1.04 Masters of War

Greatest protest song ever.
                                Masters of War was the other song from Freewheelin' that I mentioned. It's one of my all time favourites.

I would have picked Masters fourth if our positions were reversed.

Comment

Working...
                                X