Bob Dylan song draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
    I think you and I were the only entrants last time you tried this. I'm still game, if you can find some other takers. Or we could go mano-on-mano and see who can draft the best Dylan box set.

The Beatles and Zeppelin song drafts were fun; I'm not sure how many other bands have both enough songs and enough Sports Bar fan support to make a go of it. The Rolling Stones? U2? REM? Maybe we need to come up with a mixed-artist song draft.
    We had a Pink Floyd draft, too.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      Why is Judge Jude not in this?
      I sent him a PM, we'll get this a-rollin' soon.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I don't really get the drafts, exactly, which is not a criticism at all - I think it's weird when people take a shot at something just because it isn't really for them. I just don't really translate non-sports stuff into ranking categories, I guess? Plus I don't really sign up for much stuff, or even join groups. I'm more at ease with just freewheelin' with comments sometimes, or not, and that's pretty much the extent of it. Even just have the one fantasy league.

Enjoy the exercise, and I'll check it out!
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          I don't really get the drafts, exactly, which is not a criticism at all - I think it's weird when people take a shot at something just because it isn't really for them. I just don't really translate non-sports stuff into ranking categories, I guess? Plus I don't really sign up for much stuff, or even join groups. I'm more at ease with just freewheelin' with comments sometimes, or not, and that's pretty much the extent of it. Even just have the one fantasy league.

Enjoy the exercise, and I'll check it out!
          I constantly rank my favorite songs, groups, albums...songs and albums from specific groups, etc...
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

So we have 7 participants, 15 songs each sound good?
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Are we going with just a "song", or can it be a particular recording of that song? Live albums? The official Bootleg Series? Universally-known unofficial bootlegs?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                Are we going with just a "song", or can it be a particular recording of that song? Live albums? The official Bootleg Series? Universally-known unofficial bootlegs?
                I think for simplicity's sake we'll limit it to just songs, but I'm hoping folks will post clips of their favorite recordings of their selections. Then the critics can hopefully begin to realize what they've been missing
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

1.01 Friday, Bob Dylan, 1964

Comment

I am so afraid to open that.

So, when do we start, what order, etc.?

Comment

If someone wants to send me a random number sequence, 1-7, and I'll run one as well to determine the order, then we can get started Tuesday, or earlier if people are around to make their picks.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

I just sent you one.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Alright, here is the order, 15 rounds, we'll say 8 hour clock on weekends, 4 hours during the week?

We'll start the clock on Tuesday but if everyone picks before then we can roll.

1. Erik
                          2. sheep
                          3. johnny
                          4. DMT
                          5. Gregg
                          6. Teenwolf
                          7. Lucky
                          Last edited by DMT; 05-28-2011, 04:45 PM.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

I'm going to take what would probably be the general consensus for 1.1, because it's just that awesome and I never get tired of it.

1.1 Like A Rolling Stone

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Reeeach

I'll keep the 1st post updated with song selections.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                                I'm going to take what would probably be the general consensus for 1.1, because it's just that awesome and I never get tired of it.

1.1 Like A Rolling Stone
                                It would have been my number one, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X