• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which side--prospects

Who would you rather have:

Forest Whitley and Jesus Lazardo

Or

Kyle Tucker and Austin Riley

Last year, I traded the first duo for Gerritt Cole. It helped me win a title, so no regrets. I have Cole cheap for this year as well, and I want to win again. However, the thought of basically getting Cole for nothing for the stretch run last year by now flipping him for two comparable prospects to what I gave fr him last year is appealing.

So, do you think the hitter duo is comparable to the pitching duo I gave, and either way, should I now trade a full year of cheap Cole for those two? I want to win in 2019, and Cole obviously helps me do that. However, my league loves prospects, so I can get a lot from these guys in season to address specific needs.

Take the pitchers, they both have a chance to be elite...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

As Hornsby says, the two pitchers are young studs, but Cole isn't chopped liver. Tucker is also a stud and Riley is very good. I like your position.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I'd take Tucker. In prospect deals I'm always looking for the best prospect of the group, and it looks like Tucker would be the best in this group.

And if all else is equal I'd take the hitter over the pitcher, especially for prospects.

Comment

Hitters. Yes in a vacuum the 2 pitchers are a “better” group of prospects by rankings but with higher risk imo. If you felt strongly about one of them then maybe the risk is worth it but pitchers break and I personally have moved to build my minor leaguers almost entirely on hitters only drafting the occasional pitcher in late rounds if someone I liked kept falling.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It is good to get corrections like this from folks. I strongly prefer the pitcher duo. Like Hornsby, I think they are truly elite arms. And they are read now. I think they are special. I would never have traded them for these two hitter prospects, as I don't think either have near the ceiling the two arms do.

But if I make this deal, it won't be to keep the hitter prospects. It would be to flip them just like I did the arms last year. So, all that matters is how others see these guys, so it is good to know that a lot of folks think they are on par with those arms. It lets me know that if I acquire these guys, I can flip them for a lot.

Comment

How much has Tucker's stock (at least 2019 stock) fallen with the Brantley acquisition? I think I read somewhere he's expected to be down for the first half of the season? Of course it's early yet...

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                How much has Tucker's stock (at least 2019 stock) fallen with the Brantley acquisition? I think I read somewhere he's expected to be down for the first half of the season? Of course it's early yet...
                I kinda figure he will be traded to another team that has a spot available.

Comment

Working...
                X