Who would you rather have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you rather have?

This is an AL only 5x5 OBP and SB-CS instead of ave. and sb. 12 teams. $260 budget.

Ryon Healy $13B

Brett Gardner 12B

Jeimar Candelario 13A

I own Healy and Gardner and will only keep one of them.

Candelario is on the trade block for an upgraded reserver round draft pick. If I trade for him Healy and Gardner do not make my roster.

Thoughts?

This is a really tough call.

My first thought was Healy, but he killed you in OBP last year and there's no guarantee of a rebound there. Candelario isn't bad, but he isn't great either. Gardner is 34 and in a crowded OF, but he still does things pretty well -- especially OBP, and he'll give you double-digit HRs and SBs.

So I guess I'd go with Gardner.

Comment

Gardner for me too.

Comment

I don't love any of the choices but I think I'd go with Candelario

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          That is the way I was leaning too.

The owner has decided to keep him so it is back to Healy vs Gardner.

Thanks to all who responded.

Comment

For me it would be Gardner over Healy. I'm assuming Gardner will get close to 500 ABs.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Candelario is the upside play.

Gardner is a possible smoking crater. His sharp decline in BABIP last season worries me. It could be a blip or it could indicate a real decline. If so, his career as a useful fantasy player could already be over.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Agree
                One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Another vote for Candelario
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                  X