PONY Keepers 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PONY Keepers 2019

Ok so I have finally started looking at my teams so let's see what I should try to do with the PONY bunch. I finished 2nd in 2017 and was in the race until the last few weeks of 2018 only to fade to 5th. So this team hasn't had any real trades for the future in over two years and it shows...

Definite keeps...

Ozzie Albies $5
    Corey Seager $5 opt ext 1 to $10?
    Yadi Molina $4
    Blake Treinen $5 opt ext 1 to $10 or play it out?

So that is 4 and I can keep 6 more...

Almost certain to keep...

Chris Sale $39 opt
    Rick Porcello $6

So that gets me to 6 then we get to this...

Danny Jansen $5
    Kevin Pillar $1
    Manny Margot $5
    Wade Davis $16
    Dellin Betances $4
    Corbin Burnes $3
    Corey Kluber $46
    Joe Musgrove $1
    Matt Kemp $2
    Mike Fiers $5

I'll also probably offer rsv picks or farm players to see if I can get something better, but wanted to see if I could cobble together 4 from that crew worth keeping in a 15 team league.

I would be moving Sale to the certain keep category with no raise. I am ignoring the shoulder stuff this early.

I would be keeping Wade Davis and go into auction with two closers for $21. Love that.

And with that extra closer I keep Kluber and own the pitching categories. I can go into auction needing $1 fillers or bargains if they come up. Spending the rest on offense.

I keep Margot at $5. Has some upside.

Kemp is two bucks because most thought he was done. He wasn't and made some folks happy. Even if he regresses a bit he won't hurt you. I would keep him.

I would be pretty excited to go in to the auction with this team.

Comment

I'd go Burnes, Kemp, Davis, and Kluber. That way you don't have to worry about pitching at all. And I'd extend Seager as well...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I would keep Kemp and Pillar, pass on Margot. You are going to need some cheap outfielders, this lets you lock in two good ones.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Interesting to see folks not worried about Sale. His velocity drop last year was pretty dramatic, and his shoulder issued occurred despite them babying him. Like Kershaw, his talent is too enticing to pass on, but I think he scares me a bit more than some of you guys.

Comment

I appreciate the feedback guys. It is an interesting list to try to figure out. We draft pretty early so I won't have much of a read on Burnes role going into the year, but I do like him a lot. Pairing Sale with Kluber is also interesting, pretty expensive pairing but if healthy and right there are some elite stats there.

Comment

So I did send out my maybe list to the league to see what I might be able to work.

So what do you think of flipping Kluber at 46 for Nick Pivetta at 3?

Could make my pitchers
              Sale
              Davis
              Treinen
              Pivetta

Yadi
              Seager
              Albies
              Kemp
              Pillar or Margot

Then Maybe decide between Porcello and Burnes? Porcello's limited upside doesn't excite me. In a 15 team mixed I am looking to hit HR's when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                I appreciate the feedback guys. It is an interesting list to try to figure out. We draft pretty early so I won't have much of a read on Burnes role going into the year, but I do like him a lot. Pairing Sale with Kluber is also interesting, pretty expensive pairing but if healthy and right there are some elite stats there.
                If I did my math right and your budget is $260 you still have 137 to complete your roster.

Comment

I like Burnes if I knew he was starting. I do not like Burnes if he is a MR. With 10 keepers I would not want to use the slot when I can fill it with one of your other players.

Why would the Pivetta owner think it is a good idea to trade him for a $46 Kluber? Because he knows it is worth it.

Always tempting to go into an auction with $43 extra bucks. Resist.

Comment

Ok I made some moves and currently have this...

1. Ozzie Albies $5
                    2. Corey Seager $5 opt ext 1 to $10?
                    3. Yadi Molina $4
                    4. Blake Treinen $5 opt ext 1 to $10 or play it out?
                    5. Corey Kluber $46
                    6. Jesse Winker $5
                    7. Zack Wheeler $10
                    8. Wade Davis $16

So that is 8 with 3 starers and a pair of closers. So need to put two together from this...

Pillar $1
                    Kemp $2
                    Burnes $3
                    Margot $5
                    Porcello $6
                    D Jansen $5

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                      Ok I made some moves and currently have this...

1. Ozzie Albies $5
                      3. Yadi Molina $4
                      5. Corey Kluber $46
                      6. Jesse Winker $5
                      7. Zack Wheeler $10
                      8. Wade Davis $16

So that is 8 with 3 starers and a pair of closers. So need to put two together from this...

Pillar $1
                      Kemp $2
                      Burnes $3
                      Margot $5
                      Porcello $6
                      D Jansen $5

Thanks
                      For upside and price, I'd probably go with Kemp and Margot. Both could flame out, but at those prices, worth the risk.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        For upside and price, I'd probably go with Kemp and Margot. Both could flame out, but at those prices, worth the risk.
                        I am not good at math lol, forgot about Sale...

1. Ozzie Albies $5
                        3. Yadi Molina $4
                        5. Corey Kluber $46
                        6. Jesse Winker $5
                        7. Zack Wheeler $10
                        8. Wade Davis $16
                        9 Chris Sale 39

Maybe I can pair some of the guys up on that list or trade another farm piece to get a better 10th.

Sale, Kluber, Wheeler, Treinen and Davis are an expensive but solid staff at $116.

Comment

I traded my $4 Betances for a $3 Collin McHugh. I wasn't gonna keep Betances and I think McHugh might be a nice high K guy to get on the cheap as my 4th starter to go with Kluber, Sale, and Wheeler.

Comment

Lots of McHugh love on this board lately. Surprises me, he seems like a guy you could get at auction if you really wanted him, rather than keeping. But maybe others are buying into the ratios from 2018 much, much more than me (I think they fall back to his career norms when he's a starter again)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Lots of McHugh love on this board lately. Surprises me, he seems like a guy you could get at auction if you really wanted him, rather than keeping. But maybe others are buying into the ratios from 2018 much, much more than me (I think they fall back to his career norms when he's a starter again)
                              I guess I’m buying in for a 1.25ish whip and 3.9 era with a little over 9k per 9 avg. pitching on a good team he should get wins which I know we can’t project, but better than owning an Oriole sp.

Comment

Working...
                              X