Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PONY Keepers 2019

Quote Originally Posted by frae View Post
    Ok I made some moves and currently have this...

1. Ozzie Albies $5
    2. Corey Seager $5 opt ext 1 to $10?
    3. Yadi Molina $4
    4. Blake Treinen $5 opt ext 1 to $10 or play it out?
    5. Corey Kluber $46
    6. Jesse Winker $5
    7. Zack Wheeler $10
    8. Wade Davis $16

So that is 8 with 3 starers and a pair of closers. So need to put two together from this...

Pillar $1
    Kemp $2
    Burnes $3
    Margot $5
    Porcello $6
    D Jansen $5

Thanks
    For upside and price, I'd probably go with Kemp and Margot. Both could flame out, but at those prices, worth the risk.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    For upside and price, I'd probably go with Kemp and Margot. Both could flame out, but at those prices, worth the risk.
    I am not good at math lol, forgot about Sale...

1. Ozzie Albies $5
    2. Corey Seager $5 opt ext 1 to $10?
    3. Yadi Molina $4
    4. Blake Treinen $5 opt ext 1 to $10 or play it out?
    5. Corey Kluber $46
    6. Jesse Winker $5
    7. Zack Wheeler $10
    8. Wade Davis $16
    9 Chris Sale 39

Maybe I can pair some of the guys up on that list or trade another farm piece to get a better 10th.

Sale, Kluber, Wheeler, Treinen and Davis are an expensive but solid staff at $116.
    If you fail to plan you plan to fail

12TO Champion 2007 2008 and 2010

Pittsburgh Proud

So when you try to hurl the word 'liberal' at my feet, as if it were dirty, something to run away from, something that I should be ashamed of, it won't work, because I will pick up that label and wear it as a badge of honor.

I traded my $4 Betances for a $3 Collin McHugh. I wasn't gonna keep Betances and I think McHugh might be a nice high K guy to get on the cheap as my 4th starter to go with Kluber, Sale, and Wheeler.

Pittsburgh Proud

So when you try to hurl the word 'liberal' at my feet, as if it were dirty, something to run away from, something that I should be ashamed of, it won't work, because I will pick up that label and wear it as a badge of honor.

Big Leaguer
    Lots of McHugh love on this board lately. Surprises me, he seems like a guy you could get at auction if you really wanted him, rather than keeping. But maybe others are buying into the ratios from 2018 much, much more than me (I think they fall back to his career norms when he's a starter again)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Lots of McHugh love on this board lately. Surprises me, he seems like a guy you could get at auction if you really wanted him, rather than keeping. But maybe others are buying into the ratios from 2018 much, much more than me (I think they fall back to his career norms when he's a starter again)
    I guess I’m buying in for a 1.25ish whip and 3.9 era with a little over 9k per 9 avg. pitching on a good team he should get wins which I know we can’t project, but better than owning an Oriole sp.

Pittsburgh Proud

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by frae View Post
    better than owning an Oriole sp.
    That's damning him with faint praise if I've ever seen it

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    That's damning him with faint praise if I've ever seen it
    Lol yep, basically if you are going to chase wins I'd rather chase with Astros than just about any other team.

Pittsburgh Proud

Ok this is one of those I haven't done enough draft prep moments.

So I also have Greg Allen at $5 on my rsv. I think I just assumed the Indians would have upgraded by now but it now seems possible he is the opening day starter with elite speed.

So my question is since I hadded Wheeler to Sale would I be better served keeping Allen over Kluber. Do we believe in Allen?

Pittsburgh Proud

No. Keep Kluber. Extend Seager, don't extend Treinen. Go with McHugh, buy offense.

Wade Davis seems like he is at value to me. How much more could he go at auction? Id rather keep a margot or kemp or even porcello and toss back davis and if you like him enough just buy him back