12-team mixed keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Curious--why do you guys auction so early? We usually wait till late March, as close to opening day as possible.
    We're auctioning in Red Lodge, MT this year and that weekend is their Winter Carnival, supposedly the biggest party weekend of the year. Yes, my friends and I are still degenerates.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      We're auctioning in Red Lodge, MT this year and that weekend is their Winter Carnival, supposedly the biggest party weekend of the year. Yes, my friends and I are still degenerates.
      That is awesome. We did a couple of destination auctions that were fun, Vegas and New Orleans, but once everyone had kids, it has been all online.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        That is awesome. We did a couple of destination auctions that were fun, Vegas and New Orleans, but once everyone had kids, it has been all online.
        We established it before kids and made a pact to not let kids ruin it. Somehow our wives have gone along (most probably happy to have us out of the house for a long weekend).

Locales:

03: Chicago
        04: Tucson
        05: Rocky Pt, Mexico
        06: Tempe
        07: LA
        08: NYC (only auction I missed because I was in Madagascar)
        09: Ocean Beach
        10: Clearwater Beach
        11: NOLA (during French Quarter Fest)
        12: Austin (during SXSW)
        13: STL (Wash U reunion for most of the league)
        14: Scottsdale
        15: Nashville
        16: Denver
        17: Vegas
        18: DC
        19: Red Lodge

Two guys have made every auction, including one whose wife one year had given birth just two days earlier.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I would so want to cut Anderson because it is an OBP league and the only thing he knows about OBP is that he doesn't have it, but the HR + SB are just too much. I would cut MadBum and E.Rodriguez, although exploring 2-1's is a good idea.

Comment

I would also not sign Ohtani unless it is a daily transactions league. This year will be his most valuable for a while in weekly leagues---when you have the choice of hitting or pitching and he does a little of both every week, it sucks.

Comment

Working...
            X