12-team mixed keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-team mixed keepers

5x5 with on-base and slugging instead of BA and HR. We also use W+QS rather than Ws. I can only keep 10 so I have to drop two of these. Also I have 4 MIs and Ohtani in my UT slot so I am looking to trade one of them. One owner has inquired about Torres and his best keepers are D Peralta-1A and Mikolas-1A. TIA

2B/SS Torres 4A
    SS T Anderson 2A
    2B Moncada 11 O20
    SS Seager 16X
    OF Soto 18A
    OF Jimenez 5A
    OF Bader 5A
    UT Ohtani 3B (can extend $5/year)
    P Bumgarner 19A
    P Flaherty 2A
    P Foltynewicz 1A
    P Ed Rodriguez 1A
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Curious.....how did Soto end up with a $18 salary?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      Curious.....how did Soto end up with a $18 salary?
      Winning FAAB bid. I actually bid $16 but was able to get him in a trade. Guy who traded him to me ended up dumping himself later and got both Acuņa-21A and Snell-8A from the eventual runner-up!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        5x5 with on-base and slugging instead of BA and HR. We also use W+QS rather than Ws. I can only keep 10 so I have to drop two of these. Also I have 4 MIs and Ohtani in my UT slot so I am looking to trade one of them. One owner has inquired about Torres and his best keepers are D Peralta-1A and Mikolas-1A. TIA

2B/SS Torres 4A
        SS T Anderson 2A
        2B Moncada 11 O20
        SS Seager 16X
        OF Soto 18A
        OF Jimenez 5A
        OF Bader 5A
        UT Ohtani 3B (can extend $5/year)
        P Bumgarner 19A
        P Flaherty 2A
        P Foltynewicz 1A
        P Ed Rodriguez 1A
        Nice team.

A lot depends on what will be back in the auction. I really would not want to cut two of these.

Still with two ss and two 2b it would be nice to get another OF and 1A Peralta is a nice get. I hate to give up Torres.

Given your perspective of the other teams and who will be back in, who do you currently view as the two you would cut?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Nice team.

A lot depends on what will be back in the auction. I really would not want to cut two of these.

Still with two ss and two 2b it would be nice to get another OF and 1A Peralta is a nice get. I hate to give up Torres.

Given your perspective of the other teams and who will be back in, who do you currently view as the two you would cut?
          Bader and E-Rod were my initial cuts, but seems like some folks are down on MadBum. I had multiple offers for him last year but held on because I figured he was a great keeper at 19 but he's always been a personal favorite so maybe my biases are clouding my perspective.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Bader and E-Rod were my initial cuts, but seems like some folks are down on MadBum. I had multiple offers for him last year but held on because I figured he was a great keeper at 19 but he's always been a personal favorite so maybe my biases are clouding my perspective.
            I am in agreement with you, including your thoughts on MadBum.

I like him at 19, even more so if he is traded to Milwaukee.

Comment

E-Rod and then either Bader or Moncada

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                E-Rod and then either Bader or Moncada
                Moncada is locked in thru 2020.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Thoughts on extending Ohtani? I'd only consider one year.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Thoughts on extending Ohtani? I'd only consider one year.
                    What do you think he would go for if you put him back this year?

Comment

What do you think he would go for if you put him back this year?
                      I honestly don't know. So much uncertainty about his future role and recovery.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

I honestly don't know. So much uncertainty about his future role and recovery.
                        Hmm...I just assumed he was a keeper at 5. Now I am wondering what would happen if you put him back.

Could you get that nice new contract for 10?

When are your keepers due?

Comment

Hmm...I just assumed he was a keeper at 5. Now I am wondering what would happen if you put him back.

Could you get that nice new contract for 10?

When are your keepers due?
                          One week prior to auction which means Feb 24th this year.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

As a DH only for 2019 (I think), I think you might be able to get him back under 10. Anyone bids higher than that are for someone playing for 2020 and beyond, thinking of when he will pitch again. Because as a DH only, I don't see him worth more than 10. I hate DH only guys clogging up a spot.

Comment

One week prior to auction which means Feb 24th this year.
                              Curious--why do you guys auction so early? We usually wait till late March, as close to opening day as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X