2K19: Madison Bumgarner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19: Madison Bumgarner

Steamer and Depth Charts project him with an 8.1 K/9 and a 3.93 ERA. That sound about right? Considering trying to acquire him in a Dynasty but worried his "name" value may make the price a bit more than I feel comfortable with. Bounce back or continued decline?

Wondering the same. I have him at $24 in an only league. Would sell if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Wondering the same. I have him at $24 in an only league. Would sell if I could.
      I would take him in my 12 team NL only 5x5 at that price.

Comment

4.35 xERA last year, part of a trend.

pass
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I am with you Judge Jude. People will blame the bike accident, but from 2014-2016 he pitched, regular season and post-season combined: 270 IP, 218.1 IP, 240.2 IP. He has not been the same since. He could do a Verlander eventually, but I'll wait to see it happen first.

Comment

Would Farhan really trade him? If so his value could take a big hit. I think the WHIP could still be a plus. I think he'll eat the innings. He won't get many wins. The ERA might slide a bit.

In a league where his name value informs his price, pass. In a league where I can get him for what he's actually worth, I'd buy.

Something like 190 innings, 180 Ks, 3.95 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 9 wins?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Would Farhan really trade him? If so his value could take a big hit. I think the WHIP could still be a plus. I think he'll eat the innings. He won't get many wins. The ERA might slide a bit.

In a league where his name value informs his price, pass. In a league where I can get him for what he's actually worth, I'd buy.

Something like 190 innings, 180 Ks, 3.95 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 9 wins?
              In your league what approx. value would be placed on these stats?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                In your league what approx. value would be placed on these stats?
                15-team mixed (PONY), I have Andrew Heaney for $8 and I'm on the fence about keeping him. I think they're probably similar? Last year Heaney went 180 innings, 180 Ks, 9w, 4.15/1.20. Bumgarner has upside, more than Heaney, who's kind of dull. But I'd say Bumgarner goes somewhere in the $10-$15 range in PONY if he's thrown back.

12-team NL only, probably $15-$20 (uninflated) depending on auction dynamics.

Since 1/1, Heaney is the 60th pitcher off the board in NFBC, average ADP of 163. Bumgarner is 26th, ADP of 76.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  15-team mixed (PONY), I have Andrew Heaney for $8 and I'm on the fence about keeping him. I think they're probably similar? Last year Heaney went 180 innings, 180 Ks, 9w, 4.15/1.20. Bumgarner has upside, more than Heaney, who's kind of dull. But I'd say Bumgarner goes somewhere in the $10-$15 range in PONY if he's thrown back.

12-team NL only, probably $15-$20 (uninflated) depending on auction dynamics.

Since 1/1, Heaney is the 60th pitcher off the board in NFBC, average ADP of 163. Bumgarner is 26th, ADP of 76.
                  I recently traded for a $2B Heaney. I will not give him a raise, but I am pretty stoked to own him for 2 bucks.

If I could get Bumgarner between 10-15 bucks I would easily take the gamble. Not sure I would go over 15 (since reading this thread). That would depend on auction dynamics and my money situation.

He will be kept at $24 in our 12 team only.
                  Last edited by Gregg; 01-23-2019, 03:03 PM.

Comment

In my mixed league, I'm throwing him back at $28. Generally aces go in the mid to high 30s in our league (only 2 have gone above 40 - Scherzer and Kershaw last year). Wouldn't mind snagging him at $10-$15 though.

Comment

In my dynasty league no contracts I traded Votto for him. Both are declining and Votto doesn’t start for me and I could use some pitching.

Comment

How was he not starting for you? (Votto). He starts over Vlad, Jr. (in the minors until Super 2), Robles, Calhoun (duh), and obviously Adell. That said, I gave my thoughts on MadBum in the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          How was he not starting for you? (Votto). He starts over Vlad, Jr. (in the minors until Super 2), Robles, Calhoun (duh), and obviously Adell. That said, I gave my thoughts on MadBum in the other thread.
                          I believe Robles or Franmil Reyes can replace Votto very easily until Vlad Jr. is called up mid April. I look for Robles to have a breakout year and is a future stud IMO.
                          Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 01-25-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

The average of the projections for Votto are about .285, 22 HR, 170-175 R + RBI, and that seems right to me, with some HR upside given the park he plays in. Vlad could do almost anything from struggle to insane, but I cannot imagine the rest of the guys you mention being very likely to come anywhere close to a line like that. Hell, Harper could still re-sign with the Nats, possibly squeezing out Robles. Robles has tons of upside, but lots of rookies take a while to figure it out. I assume you have a stud 1B somewhere on your squad, too, but 1B is not deep at all, and there are only 5-8 guys who will best Votto there.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              The average of the projections for Votto are about .285, 22 HR, 170-175 R + RBI, and that seems right to me, with some HR upside given the park he plays in. Vlad could do almost anything from struggle to insane, but I cannot imagine the rest of the guys you mention being very likely to come anywhere close to a line like that. Hell, Harper could still re-sign with the Nats, possibly squeezing out Robles. Robles has tons of upside, but lots of rookies take a while to figure it out. I assume you have a stud 1B somewhere on your squad, too, but 1B is not deep at all, and there are only 5-8 guys who will best Votto there.
                              It's the right time to move Votto. I also have Rizzo and Bellinger at 1B and was playing Votto in one of my DH spots and he's a marginal starter on my team. Also, he's more like 130 - 140 Runs + RBIs, not 170. I don't feel we can go back in time on Votto. He's 35 and at least to me appears to be declining. It really doesn't matter to my team that he isn't on it. It's always better to trade a player a year too early than a year too late. Having said that, the same thing could definitely be said for Bumgarner, but at least he helps my team more for 2019 than Votto would. At least I hope he does.
                              Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 01-25-2019, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X