1 team available 12-team AL 5x5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 team available 12-team AL 5x5

AL 5x5 12 team league that has been running for almost 30 years. I joined a couple years in and sat out 1 year.

Can keep 12 for 2019 only (1 year keepers). PM if interested. $50 CAD annual league fee.

A.Wynns 1
    K.Morales 9
    E.Nunez 26
    K.Seager 25
    A.Diaz 10
    K.Kiermaier 25
    N.Mazara 23
    N.Walker 11
    B.Holt 5
    C.Tilson 5

D.Betances 11
    D.Bundy 16
    T.Cahill 2
    M.Estrada 11
    J.Faria 13
    M.Fulmer 19
    H.Rondon 2
    N.Jones 9

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Not to shoot down your ad here, but what a dumpster fire of a keeper list...

I can't imagine playing in a league where other teams get to keep 10 players and you go into an auction with Wynns, Morales, Mazara, Cahill, and Jones as the only players worth keeping at their established prices. And even some of those are iffy.

Seems like some concessions need to be made for anyone to pay to take this team -- like an aggressive expansion draft or an arbitrage based waiver draft of some free agents back onto this team, or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Ken; 01-14-2019, 06:50 PM.

Comment

redirecting a bit, but what I've usually offered in these situations is to pay 0-50% of the entry fee depending on how reasonable I think it is that I can actually compete that year. In a league with one-year keepers, paying some percentage seems like it ought to be enough, the aftereffects of having a bad list once shouldn't hurt too much if at all in a couple years.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        redirecting a bit, but what I've usually offered in these situations is to pay 0-50% of the entry fee depending on how reasonable I think it is that I can actually compete that year. In a league with one-year keepers, paying some percentage seems like it ought to be enough, the aftereffects of having a bad list once shouldn't hurt too much if at all in a couple years.
        Well they agreed to accept Canadian dollars...so I might not try to push it further.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Not to shoot down your ad here, but what a dumpster fire of a keeper list...

I can't imagine playing in a league where other teams get to keep 10 players and you go into an auction with Wynns, Morales, Mazara, Cahill, and Jones as the only players worth keeping at their established prices. And even some of those are iffy.

Seems like some concessions need to be made for anyone to pay to take this team -- like an aggressive expansion draft or an arbitrage based waiver draft of some free agents back onto this team, or something along those lines.
          The last 2 teams who joined started with an empty roster. I can arrange for someone to take over this team from a friend so at least they have some options at keeper.

Also, THIS team gets to keep 10 players. Others are anywhere from 6-12.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
          X